Free Music

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
ronichas

Free Music

Postby ronichas » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:03 am

hi,
just came across two sites for free music. i haven't used these sites, just passing along the info...
roni
http://www.peoplesound.com/
http://www.freeplaymusic.com/

Esteemed Member

Free music

Postby Shaker » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:43 am

I think I tried a few free music sites a while ago and found that they brought with them a whole lot of unwanted stuff. So would be interested to hear how people get on.

Shaker

hbabe

Postby hbabe » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:30 am

I just went to freeplaymusic.com, and it's only free under certain conditions. If you are using the music for profit, or for advertising, you have to buy it.

Esteemed Member

Postby Shaker » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:55 am

I don't know whether you would class it as "free" but you can download some good quality music from on-line radio stations. It's a bit like fishing though - you have to wait until suitable pieces come along.

Having said that, for many subjects (e.g. landscapes) the choice of music is not too critical provided it doesn't contain dramatic passages which may be hard to match to images.

I feel that music adds a dimension and a half to the images, and vice versa.

Shaker

Valued Member

Radio Music

Postby Pat » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:15 am

Adding on to what Shaker has said about online radio music, check out this program:

http://www.radiotracker.com/

it is not free, but simplifies the process of grabbing music from online radio quite a bit.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:48 pm

Just to elaborate a little more on what hbabe has said about Freeplay Music: "If you are using the music for profit, or for advertising, you have to buy it".

While this statement is very true the reverse is also true in that . . . if you are using this music for Personal Non-Commercial Use (Non-revenue generating or associated), Educational, Non-Commercial use (limited to student use on school grounds for in classroom projects-non broadcast) the Freeplay Music's compositions and recordings may be used without a fee.

So this means you can use this music without any fee for your own personal, non-profit, ProShow projects.

Visit the Freeplay web site and take a listen. I think you'll be glad you did :D

http://www.freeplaymusic.com/index.php

Postby Yanis » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:03 am

Greetings All,

I tried some of the music in www.freeplaymusic.com. They are very nice quality music. However, I created project using some of the music and I noticed what sounded like a ding or pinging sound after I burnt the show into a DVD and watched it on my TV. Mind you, I do not hear the dinging or pinging sounds when I play the show on my PC.

Has anyone experienced this? I'd appreaciate any input on this matter.

Peace,
Yanis :D

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:38 pm

I "burned" some FreePlay music to a CD the other day and didn't notice any dinging or pinging sounds at all when I played it :wink:

Postby nannybear » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:45 pm

I am just loving the Back Traxx Music Library I bought. Royalty Free no worries!!! cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:55 pm

nannybear wrote:I am just loving the Back Traxx Music Library I bought. Royalty Free no worries!!! cheers Jan

Me, too, Jan. Haven't used a lot of it so far but it's great to have it sitting on the shelf for whenever I need it. I think that will turn out to be a huge bargain in the long run.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Yanis » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:15 pm

nannybear wrote:I am just loving the Back Traxx Music Library I bought. Royalty Free no worries!!! cheers Jan

Me, too, Jan. Haven't used a lot of it so far but it's great to have it sitting on the shelf for whenever I need it. I think that will turn out to be a huge bargain in the long run.

Greetings Jan and DickK,

DJ has a Tuesday Special on Back Traxx for $99. I'm listening to some of the sample tracks, but I'm not quite convinced. The quality of the tracks aren't too impressive quality-wise.. However, there is a disclaimer that says "All tracks have been reduced in overall quality for demonstration purposes." How much of a difference is it after you bought it?

Peace,
Yanis :D

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:44 pm

The difference is major! What you're hearing are the mp3 index files--the same ones that will be loaded to your PC. The MP3s are fine for deciding what you want and that's their only purpose. They're not what you bought, per se. The software uses your selections to then extract the audio off the CD track as a WAV file--excellent sound quality on the CD and the same on your PC. Of course, the file can be large; your choice at that point to use the WAV file or turn it into whatever quality MP3 (or whatever) file you want to use.

So, in my (limited) experience the sound quality for the BackTraxx is just fine, as good as almost anything you'd pull off any other commercial recording.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby weldr » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:06 pm

Hello Yanis, I got vol 1 and 2 on sale along with a Stacks.. Haven't tried the stack track yet but have been using a few from the Back Tracxx. I'm very happy. Don P.S. I just noticed the Topic Review at the bottom of the page. How cool for those senior moments.
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Postby nannybear » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:12 pm

I went to use it last night and realized I had an index disc. It was a real eye opener as to what I had!!! Just great. cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:58 pm

Jan,

The only wish item I have about the BackTraxx collection I have is that I wish the index tracks had more key words tagged to them. You kinda have to guess at what word they might use to describe something and often its not the word I would have used. But that's a niggle--it's a bargain.

Dick

Next

Return to Music Discussion