My DREAM show

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
Valued Member

My DREAM show

Postby photoshowstudio » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:01 am

I have the pictures, video, and even spent nearly $30 for a double disk CD, that I already own mind you, for ONE new song that was put on the latest edition of the CD set I already own.

????????????????????

Yes, I know, I am a little upset and can hear the old classic cartoon Elmer Fudd swearing in my head...

Ok, why should I be this upset???? I have had the once in a lifetime opportunity and was able to stay in the Dream Suite at Disneyland with my wife when she won it a couple of weeks ago. We stayed in the suite, toured Disneyland at night with noone there in our bathrobes, rode in a nice car down Main Street as part of the Parade of Dreams parade with my wife as the Grand Marshall. I have pictures of it all (filled up a 2GB card in one day).

Now I have all I need to build the show....awesome!!!!

Except it would only be able to be seen by my friends and family if i use the Disney music. They have so many lawyers working for them, there is no way I would ever risk putting their music on any show I was to post on the internet. I want to share what happened to us with the world, not in a bragging way, but in a "Dreams Do Come True" kind of way.

I guess I feel the "magic" wouldn't have the same inpact without the actual parade music, and such to accompany it.
Frustrated, but also realizing this was the best vacation I had ever taken.

Re: My DREAM show

Postby czali » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:22 am

Why not post it for a short time and then remove it. I do not think it would be that risky???

Colleen

Valued Member

Postby photoshowstudio » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:59 am

Far be for me to be advocating using copyrighted material...but with that said, I am kinda paranoid to do so. I know of the couple in Florida who is being sued for using the Tigger and Eyeore costumes for their clown business. Also a local barber in Sacramento is rumored to have been given a cease and desist for showing Disney movies at their barber shop. So putting something "temporarily" on this site could be troublesome. Nothing is "temporary" on the internet.

I probably will post it with Royalty Free music just for the sole purpose of you all seeing it. It's so amazing, so I will have to take my time to make sure the slideshow reflects how great it was.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Disney is reported to be one of the most aggressive companies out there when it comes to enforcing their trademarks. Now, that's not the same as using the music for that purpose--legal? well it's not an authorized use. Can they enforce the copyright? Yes. Will they...? I'd wager not, if the show reflects favorably on them and you're not using it for commercial purposes. If you make money with it and they find out, you can count on getting a not-so-friendly cease-and-desist letter.

(Above is just my $02. It isn't legal advice of any kind and probably worth what ya paid for it!)

To be safe, substitute some cartoony or fantasy sounding generic music. If the pictures are good it won't matter a bit, most of us won't know or care if the real thing is there or not.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to Music Discussion