What's your story?

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Re: What's your story?

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:04 am

BarbaraC wrote:A lot of people use show creation as a form of therapy, a way of saying what they're feeling inside, and probably more often than not, no one ever sees the show.
Barbara

And more of us need therapy after working with this :lol: Actually, I got into this back in 2004 with an early version (crashed all the time, but did the best of the ones I tried) when I had to do a memorial for my mom when she passed after suffering from Alzheimers for a number of years. Everybody loved the show, but boy is that a tough one to do :cry: (you have to be very careful to avoid the SKS (Soggy Keyboard Syndrome))

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am

Probably a lot of the people here began with just that kind of need, the one to memorialize someone. Another common reason is the desire to put together a family history for the younger generation in the family. It was the latter that got me going.

(you have to be very careful to avoid the SKS (Soggy Keyboard Syndrome)

One must be extremely careful about that one. I have a friend who spilled a Coke onto her keyboard, which created a short, which in turn fried parts of her computer. She claimed it was her mother who'd come back to haunt her for all past crimes.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby TimelessTreasures2 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Well, as you can see after my longest story, it has been awhile since I returned.
Thank goodness I can type 80 + words a minute. Wish I could do slide shows that fast.

Back has been out, from scanning hours and not changing position. Yes, stay retired whoever said that, even part time, this last show that I did ... was a harrowing experience. I would love to learn easily with my own pace and classes, but, keep getting calls. This CUSTOMER ended up sending me a $400.00 bonus.

i AM trying to recoup to begin my Navy Reunion show. Too bad choice backgrounds are not coming out with their Americana lINE until June ... AS MY SHOW IS DUE MAY 1ST.

DOES anyone know some really neat places to obtain: Patriotic styles, music, etc.

Also, just to let you all know. I bought a Fujitsu Snap 1500 with my bonus. And even though it is not advertised for pictures. This little thing is amazingly fast. Scans at about the 300 DPI and pictures look great. About 30-40 pics a minute. It even duplex scans, which was a wonderful help trying to put the memorial together, as they had dates written on the back of the picture that helped me to keep them in a timeline or add titles. Love it love it, and its name is perfect! It was a snap to setup, snap to use. And AUTOMATIC FEEDER, YEAH YEAH YEAH. SAVED MY BACK! i AM STILL AMAZED. The price was over my bonus, but it is well worth every single cent with the upcoming 500 pics that need to be scanned.

DECIDED TO GO TO COSTCO ONLLINE, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS CHEAPER ON AMAZON, BECAUSE WE HAVE A LOCAL ONE AND IF SOMETHING HAPPENS I CAN WALK INTO THE STORE .. BUT SO FAR, WORKS LIKE A CHARM.

This was supposed to be part-time, and since that first show, haven't stopped yet. The May show is in Las Vegas! A reunion and group of close to 500.00! OMG, very apprehensive. But oh, love those guys in uniform. And what an honor.

Postby TimelessTreasures2 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:12 pm

Well, as you can see after my longest story, it has been awhile since I returned. Thank goodness I can type 80 + words a minute. I wish I could do slide shows that fast. My back has been out, and it is from scanning pictures for hours and hours and not changing positions often enough. Enough to hurt the young and healthy, much less us old folks.

Yes, stay retired whoever said that, even part time, this last show that I did ... was a harrowing experience. I would love to learn easily with my own pace and classes, but, keep getting calls. This CUSTOMER ended up sending me a $400.00 bonus.

i AM trying to recoup to begin my Navy Reunion show. Too bad Choice Backgrounds are not coming out with their Americana Line of backgrounds until June ... AS MY SHOW IS DUE MAY 1ST.

DOES anyone know some really neat places to obtain: Patriotic styles, music, etc.

Also, just to let you all know. I bought a Fujitsu Snap 1500 with my bonus. And even though it is not advertised for pictures. This little thing is amazingly fast. Scans at about the 300 DPI and pictures look great. It scans about 30-40 pics in a minute. A U T O M A T I C
F E E D ... NO MORE LIFTING THE LID, CLOSING THE LID AND TRYING TO KEEP THE PICS STRAIGHT. It is so lightweight, I can take it with me to the navy photographers house and with the plug and play, just pop it right in. "this is proof that dynamite comes in small packages".

I got the Snap1500 comes with or without a bundled software,

It even duplex scans (front and back of photo) which was a wonderful help trying to put the memorial together, as they had dates written on the back of the picture that helped me to keep them in a timeline or add titles. Love it love it, and its name is perfect! It was a snap to setup, snap to use. And AUTOMATIC FEEDER, YEAH YEAH YEAH. SAVED MY BACK! i AM STILL AMAZED. The price was over my bonus, but it is well worth every single cent with the upcoming 500 pics that need to be scanned.

DECIDED TO GO TO COSTCO ONLLINE, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS CHEAPER ON AMAZON, BECAUSE WE HAVE A LOCAL ONE AND IF SOMETHING HAPPENS I CAN WALK INTO THE STORE .. BUT SO FAR, WORKS LIKE A CHARM.

This was supposed to be part-time, and since that first show, last September, I haven't stopped yet. The May show is in Las Vegas! A reunion and group of close to 500.00! OMG, very apprehensive. But oh, love those guys in uniform. And what an honor.

Previous

Return to Business Applications