Can you help me with an idea I have?

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Can you help me with an idea I have?

Postby kojaysnana » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey All,

Please, I need some input...I am back in school as a full time student. I don't have the time I used to have and I want to offer to the funeral homes I work for a new deal. No more than 22 pics, with no song choices but at what price. I can do a slideshow with about 22 pics with my eyes closed, and also keep up with my school work and other things I have to do. ( I don't know why the number 22)

Now when my father died we were offered 19 pics, 1 of 3 themes, 1 of 3 poems at the end, with no song choice for 150.00 dollars. This was in SC, I live in NC and I know they aren't going to pay that, not the 2 FH I work for anyway.

I already feel that I am getting ripped of because of how I started off with them (my fault, I know)...but I don't know the going rates for these things. I know that they mean a lot to the families so I want to keep doing them.

I have had the opportunity to do about 3 weddings, an anniversary and a couple of birthdays, etc... and was paid very well. I have just finished up a large project for the Boy Scouts of America and will get paid nicely, but the FH's I work for are killing me...they add on to me and seem upset, If I say "that will be extra". Rather that just quit on them this is what I came up with.

Can you help me come up with a price. Also what is the going rate?

Thanks for you input
Karen

Re: Can you help me with an idea I have?

Postby Kevin Barrett » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:24 am

kojaysnana wrote:Hey All,

Please, I need some input...I am back in school as a full time student. I don't have the time I used to have and I want to offer to the funeral homes I work for a new deal. No more than 22 pics, with no song choices but at what price. I can do a slideshow with about 22 pics with my eyes closed, and also keep up with my school work and other things I have to do. ( I don't know why the number 22)

Now when my father died we were offered 19 pics, 1 of 3 themes, 1 of 3 poems at the end, with no song choice for 150.00 dollars. This was in SC, I live in NC and I know they aren't going to pay that, not the 2 FH I work for anyway.

I already feel that I am getting ripped of because of how I started off with them (my fault, I know)...but I don't know the going rates for these things. I know that they mean a lot to the families so I want to keep doing them.

I have had the opportunity to do about 3 weddings, an anniversary and a couple of birthdays, etc... and was paid very well. I have just finished up a large project for the Boy Scouts of America and will get paid nicely, but the FH's I work for are killing me...they add on to me and seem upset, If I say "that will be extra". Rather that just quit on them this is what I came up with.

Can you help me come up with a price. Also what is the going rate?

Thanks for you input
Karen

You may have figured this out already, but I would set-up a FH Wizard for your FH businesses in v4.5. This should help speed up the creation of those particular shows and you may be able to complete these in under an hour.

Kevin

Re: Can you help me with an idea I have?

Postby GEQ » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Ditto on the wizard - spend the time up front and develop a template, let your clients know that this is an upgrade to your previous work. Sell the sizzle not the time problem. As we see everyday spin is everything.

At teh same time set the parameters as to what is definded as an "add-on".

Glen

Return to Business Applications