Questions Reguarding DVD duplicators

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Jennicca

Questions Reguarding DVD duplicators

Postby Jennicca » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:55 am

I am interested in purchasing a 1:5 Dvd duplicator with lightscribe capabilities for my DVD slideshow copies for clients ( currently, I burn and lightscribe them one at a time). I am a bit confused with some of the information I am finding on DVD duplicators. My question is this - If I make one DVD slideshow from my proshow producer software, can I then take THAT dvd and use it as the "master" in the DVD duplicator to copy 5 more DVD's?

If anyone is using duplicators, Id really appriciate any info on this.

Thanks,

Jamie

Site Admin

Re: Questions Reguarding DVD duplicators

Postby MG - Admin » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Jamie:

I don't see why you couldn't use the DVD created from within ProShow for your master disc. You need a master disc at some point, so why not the original?

Mike

Robert Barnett

Postby Robert Barnett » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:14 pm

I see no reason why you can't. The only thing that could be at issue is what format is the PSG disc in. ISO 9660, Joilet, something else? If it was a format that the duplicator didn't support you would be out of luck. That is the draw back to the duplicators in my opinion. They are only as smart as the little bit of "dumb" software that comes with them. It isn't like a full computer when you can install a program that supports what you need.

And, I do know of somethings that are in weird formats. As an example Microsoft sent me an ISO file for Windows 7 Ultimate when I requested my review copy. Out side of the little program they provided I have yet to find anything that will burn the ISO file or copy the disc after it is burnt with the program supplied by Microsoft.

While it appears to be a regular ISO file it appears that it is using a rather unique format. Using Nero or Roxio neither one would identify just exactly what format it was. The other thing that was odd is that trying to burn the ISO with some other program it wouldn't fit on a DVD, Dual Layer DVD or even a blu-ray disc. All reported that there wasn't enough space even with a 50GB blu-ray.

Now the chances are good and based on what I have read here about PSG's ISO files, they are pretty standard and so I would think they wouldn't be a problem. I would find out however, before buying a duplicator if they are ISO 9660, Joilet or whatever and make sure that the burner you buy supports that.

Robert

Postby jazzspot » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:12 pm

I have the Epson Discproducer Disc Publisher - Model PP-100
It burns my master DVDs (DVD-R) and duplicates them with no problems, and its printing function is excellent as well.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:37 am

Sorry for being late to the show, but I did just what you were asking. I finished a show for some graduating middle school kids. Using a 1:15 burner, I made 70 copies in less than one hour. Saved me tons of time. I just used one DVD as the "Master". This machine read it to its internal hard drive. In the time it normally would take to burn one DVD, I had 15. I borrowed the machine from a friend. If you are seriously looking at this, I recomend looking on the NET. There are plenty of used ones available. Just watch the drive speed, hard drive capacity. This machine was totally stand alone. It required no PC interface.

Regards,
-Venron

Return to Business Applications