Price Sheet & Client Agreement ideas?

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Price Sheet & Client Agreement ideas?

Postby wakewilletta » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:52 pm

I am brand new to the forum and am very enthusiastic to start my own business. Recently, I upgraded to PSP after using PSG for the last three years. Looking for specific examples/ideas for price sheets for clients on shows as well as examples/ideas of client agreements. I did find some information on the forum, but it was from 2006. I am looking for anything current especially in this economy. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. :D

Danny

Re: Price Sheet & Client Agreement ideas?

Postby Ron » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi Danny
First I would like to welcome you to the group. The archives here is loaded with a wealth of information regarding all aspects of ProShow and then some. I was lurking awhile before I made my first post, seemed like I was getting a tooth pulled. This is a friendly group that enjoys learning and helping others along the way. With 4.5 being released we now have a new learning curve with plenty of questions.
Pricing is a tough issue, just like any other art. What you feel your art is worth is such an arbitrary thing. Send me an email and I'll reply with some of my info for you.
Good Luck
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Price Sheet & Client Agreement ideas?

Postby stickgirl » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Danny,

Welcome to the forum.

What people are willing to pay is really going to depend a great deal on where you live, where they live and the quality of the product you are producing.

If you are really talented at making shows, you can charge what you think your time is worth and people will pay it. If you are really talented, word of mouth is this best advertising for a business. Keep in mind that people (or companies) that produce slideshows are a dime a dozen anymore.

I think in order to try and have it work as a business, you may want to ask yourself - What sets you apart from all the others that are trying to do the same thing?

My only suggestion is that if you have a full time job, keep it. I don't ever recall anyone on this forum, or anyone that I know in this line of work, ever making more than a few $$. It certainly isn't enough to live on.

Best of luck to you and hopefully you'll get the information you are looking for.
Kathy

Return to Business Applications