Where do I find examples of PSG and PSP in business?

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Esteemed Member

Where do I find examples of PSG and PSP in business?

Postby jacktar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:22 am

Hi again.
Are there anyone out there who can show or direct me to some places where PSG or PSP is used for business?
It would be nice to know what others have done with these programs (PSG and PSP) and how they have used it to promote their business, town, museums, hotels, TV or any business for that matter.
This will probably give me more ideas about the usability of the program.

Best regards
jacktar :D

Re: Where do I find examples of PSG and PSP in business?

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:03 pm

I don't know about PSG but PSP is used to create commercials on TV. Not all commercials use a video program. You won't know for sure because there isn't anything to identify it. But, a commercial that uses some video but is mostly stills is a likely candidate for having been created in Producer.

Some people create videos as a side business for reunions, weddings, family trips, wedding receptions, birthdays, etc.

The "usability" then is tied, to some extent, on how well you know the program, your inventiveness and creativeness, and the like. The program is extremely versatile in what it can do.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Esteemed Member

Postby jacktar » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:15 am

im42n8 wrote:I don't know about PSG but PSP is used to create commercials on TV. Not all commercials use a video program. You won't know for sure because there isn't anything to identify it. But, a commercial that uses some video but is mostly stills is a likely candidate for having been created in Producer.

Some people create videos as a side business for reunions, weddings, family trips, wedding receptions, birthdays, etc.

The "usability" then is tied, to some extent, on how well you know the program, your inventiveness and creativeness, and the like. The program is extremely versatile in what it can do.

Dale

Thank you Im42n8
I agree that the program is extremely versatile, and it looks like the only limitation is how creative we are in using the program.
And if the program is used by the highly professional people that works in the TV business, it looks like it has all that is nessesary to make professional looking work :D
Best regards
jacktar.

Esteemed Member

Postby moehler » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:19 am

This was an ad I developed for a photographic service.

http://www.mark-oehler.com/hollywoodglamour.html

Postby Ron » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:56 pm

I don't know about PSG but PSP is used to create commercials on TV.

Hi Dale
Are you aware of any specific commercials that was made with PSP? I would be very curious to see them!
Thanks Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby juicedownload » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:16 pm

The way I interpreted what Dale mentioned was that some commercials may have used Proshow because of their simplicity (no 3D or other awesomeness), but it would be hard to say for sure.

I know I would be interested in any specific commercials. Last year, I met a media/video company that used Proshow Producer in addition to a variety of other high end video applications. So, I know they're out there...somewhere.

Tim

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:34 am

I have no examples to point to ... I wasn't that interested, not enough to make note anyway. Sometimes you can tell or you suspect, easily because, as it was noted earlier, of how non-complex the commercial was (and hence, cheaper to build than using a non-linear editor). Sometimes it's the effects used. Sometimes, you'd have to suspect Producer was used as a part of the creation but not in the entirety. It was used to create certain parts and then the video imported into a video editor to complete the whole thing.

An example of what "COULD" have been done (but wasn't), is that the whole Civil War documentary series done by Ken Burns for TV, in Producer. Ken Burns (who did not invent the techniques that now carry his name) used image motion (zooms and pans) to handle thousands of Civil War photos. Not a commercial but a documentary. You add your commentary to the audio track and/or separate slides and you have your production.

It's limited to your imagination!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to Business Applications