Website Banners

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Website Banners

Postby cinatit48 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:15 am

Hi Everyone,

I really hope that this isn't a silly question, but I am working on a new website and had this thought that PP would make sensational flash banners for advertising ......Is it possible and if so how do you adjust the dimensions of the slide to create banner sizes.

Thank you very much if you respond and guide me.

Regards

Ryan

Re: Website Banners

Postby scorpion » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Excellent question! I have wondered about this myself once when working on a website. Hopefully someone will know if it's possible.
Steve

Postby Anna J » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi Ryan and Steve,
I was intrigued by your idea of making a website banner with Producer, so I gave it a try. You can see it here:
http://www.bizeeboy.com/page6.html

The entire white part of the banner is made in Producer, including the static text to the left. It's set to loop continuously which is probably irritating, but I just wanted to try your idea.

Anna J
Anna

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Anna, if you have your speakers on, you might notice that when it loops back to the beginning, there's a very small "pop." Are you using a slightly older version of Producer? I ask because they've fixed that irritating pop...finally.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Anna J » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi Barbara,
No, I don't have my speakers on, and yes, the banner was made with the first 4.0 version. Now that the guys who brought the banner idea up in the first place have seen it can be done, I need to delete that page from the website. I was just using it as a sandbox to play with the banner idea. Someday my ship will come in and I will be able to buy a new computer with enough juice to run the latest and greatest version of Producer. Just hope I'm on the dock when it comes into port. :roll:
I'll be taking down that webpage tomorrow, but if anyone stumbles on this thread later, just know you can make a web page banner using Producer. Just change the aspect ratio in Producer to Custom and put in the dimensions you want, then build your banner show. Create a flash file and it's ready to add to your website.
Anna J
Anna

Postby debngar » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Anna J on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:24 pm
if anyone stumbles on this thread later, just know you can make a web page banner using Producer. Just change the aspect ratio in Producer to Custom and put in the dimensions you want, then build your banner show. Create a flash file and it's ready to add to your website.
Anna J

Bravo Anna - This is nice to know. Thanks for sharing that bit of information with us!
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby PhotoMill » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:57 pm

If it was not for Barbara's comment about the sound, I would not have known about it. I turned up my speakers but I am not getting any type of audio at all. I take it that there IS audio with this then ?

Anna, could you share the dimensions of the banner with us ? I really like this idea.

Tks...
...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby Anna J » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi Steve,

Don't rush out and buy new speakers! :D There is no audio attached to the banner. The popping noise Barbara referred to is made because I set the banner show to loop continuously on the web site and when it loops, it pops. I made the banner using the first version of 4.0, and Barbara says the popping noise problem has been corrected in later versions.

The banner can be made like any other show. Mine is very blah because I was just testing to see if it could be done. In Producer, go to Show > Show Options > Aspect Ratio. Change it to Custom, and put in whatever numbers will work for your webpage. The banner shown is [b]1400 x 300[/b]. You may have to experiment to find the width that works best on your web page. When you've finished, create a flash show output and load it on your website.

Anna
Anna

Postby Anna J » Wed May 04, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm still playing with "custom" size shows for websites. This one is not a banner shape but used to advertise an open house. It's fun to know you can make the unconventional sizes. You can see the "square" one here: http://www.buyinginbellevue.com
Anna
Anna

Postby tdew » Thu May 05, 2011 3:38 am

Great look Anna. Thanks for continuing to experiment and show us what you discover.

Return to Business Applications