Captions improvements

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Captions improvements

Postby jean pierre L » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:46 am

I've been doing several publicity slideshows and what I have found is that animating the captions is taking me much time. Does anyone knows if photodex is working on this issue? It would be nice to have the possibilities to animate the texte like other slideshow programs does or illeminate the use of a third party software.
Jean Pierre

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Captions improvements

Postby briancbb » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:42 pm

If you go into 'slide options/captions' there are about 40 fly-in and fly-out effects that will animate your captions, or are you meaning keyframed animation.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby Ron » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Jean
I don't believe anyone here has an inkling of what photodex is working on nor do I think they monitor this forum regularly, although someone probably does pop in every now & then. Your best bet is to ask directly & recommend some updating to their captions. I'm sure there are quite a few here that would be very happy to see some caption imrovements including myself - well thats my 2 cents IMHO.
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby jean pierre L » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Hello every one,
For me and most of the proshow users, the captions that we find in prowshow, are like the basic. It would be nice to have per exemple: firery text, text that disolve in particles, text that are layers, etc....
I will be asking Photodex.
Jean Pierre

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:19 am

Here's a basic explanation I gave on ProShowThink for creating captions that are masks: Caption Masks 101 for Producer

Once a caption is a mask, you can do anything with it that you can do with images in a slide. Flames coming out of it, however, wouldn't be an option. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby jean pierre L » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Thank you Barbara for your awnser. It is through that with a mask we can improve certain text. but I'm waiting for more from the software supplier that we purchase from. I beleive that if we need some actions, we must let them know what we want.

I contacted Photodex,
Good day, I am using Proshow Producer for many years and I'm using my program for publicity slideshow. I would like to inquire as, if Photodex has any intention of bringning new types of captions effects for Producer? I am spending much money on other programs and a great amount of time to modify the captions in my slideshows. I seen several programs that as different captions animations. It would be nice to see firery text or text that disolve into particles, text with in layers, or mirror effects, to name just a few. I've been communicating with in Proshow Enthusiasts and many of the users would appreciate this improvement. Can you please answer my inquiery please. Yours truly,
Jean Pierre

Greetings,
Thank you for contacting Photodex. Regarding new caption effects, I will send that suggestion along to be considered as a feature in a future release. Thank you for your help in making ProShow better. Let us know if you need anything else and we will certainly assist.
Best regards,

Has you can see, I presume that they consider my request. If more users makes the same request, they will see a real interest from there customers and act on it.
Jean Pierre

Return to Business Applications