Starting a small business using PS...

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Starting a small business using PS...

Postby sasha123 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:08 pm

Good evening! I am pretty new to the forums. I am starting a small business using PS to design and create slideshow videos for clients - on the personal side, for birthdays, weddings, retirements etc... and for business clients, I will produce short informational videos (ie for their websites, featuring product or information for waiting rooms, etc). Any and all feedback would be appreciated... as I mention, I am very new to this self-employment thing and it will be interesting. So far the projects have been varied but fun!

http://www.silverframeproductions.ca

And, on fb I am at http://www.facebook.com/SilverFrameProductions

On that note, are many of you business-type people using facebook (or other social media - Pinterest, twitter, etc which I am just starting to use) much? If so, do you find it helps with creating a nice relationship with potential clients and/or repeat business? I am working through the details of how/when/if I ask a client about using a short version of their slideshow as part of a portfolio on my website/facebook.

Thanks in advance for any comments! -Sasha

Re: Starting a small business using PS...

Postby Anna J » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Sasha,
Your web site is very easy to maneuver and your package prices sound reasonable. I think you'll do very well. :D
Best of luck to you.
Anna J
Anna

Postby sasha123 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:12 am

Thank you, Anna... I appreciate you taking the time to look. The best thing in the world is to have pther's opinions and perspective! :)

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Sasha, Facebook doesn't seem to get listed in a Google search, so I'm not quite sure how much business value it has. It can, however, be fun, and you can certainly send clients to your page.

Your web site is professionally done, and it's nice to see such a friendly, smiling face! The only criticism is white type on a black background. It's hard on the eyes. You might consider softening the color.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby sasha123 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Thank you, Barbara... again, I really appreciate the feedback. I had actually chosen a template from many that the web designer had said were available; I was drawn to the 'classy' look of a dark background. However - now seeing it - I agree with you, but didn't want to ask him to re-do the site!! I am,, however, thinking that in the next couple of months it will get re-done. A work in progress! There are several little things (font, among others) that I would have changed as well.

Thanks again,
Sasha

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:30 am

Sasha, I'll bet you can change things in the template even on your own--both the background color and the font. Ask the web designer about this. In using WordPress templates, I've found that even those extremely hard-wired templates are easy enough to tweak.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to Business Applications