Upload site for customers

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Upload site for customers

Postby sparklecreations » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:07 am

Hi there
I am new to these forums and I am in the process of setting up a small slideshow business making slideshows for anybody ranging from personal customers eg weddings, christening photos etc to business clients. One question I have, is there a website in which I can create an account, and then give my customer say a password for them to upload there photos to it for me to use in their slideshow? It would make it easier rather than them having to email me all their photos? Thanks in advance.

Becky

Re: Upload site for customers

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:27 am

Welcome !! Check out places like "dropbox.com" - you (or they) can put a zip file for example in the "cloud" and the party on the other end can grab them from there. There are also a number of sites that support large transfers, but I can't think of their name right off hand. They allow the same sort of thing though - transfer a large file to the intermediate site then notify you (or them) that it is available. Do a Google search on "large file transfer" and you will get all sorts of hits on sites that provide that service. Some for free, some not.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby sparklecreations » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:08 am

Thankyou so much mikey I will look into that! That's great :-)

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:19 am

Becky:

Another option is to have your own web site. You'll probably want one anyway to show samples of your work, allow potential customers to contact you, etc. You'll also have the ability to create an upload function for your customers so they can send you the necessary files. It just makes everything more tangible to your business.

Mike

Postby im42n8 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:28 am

I'm with Mike, I'd go with the "have your own website." Now, you can upload when you want, where you want. And you don't have to worry about copyrights nearly as much. You can provide access to the folder where the demo is saved and provide password protection to it too, if necessary.

Look into various hosts out there who might serve your needs. Having the ability to have your customers upload files to you might be just what you need. It's a business expense too (for tax purposes).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby PhotoMill » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Take a look at SmugMug (http://www.smugmug.com) They are fully aware that a wedding may have it's primary photographer but the customer wants all other pictures that were taken to be available as well. They have just the solution for you as you can open a doorway to allow the guests to upload "their" photos as well to the gallery.

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Return to Business Applications