caption keyframe

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

caption keyframe

Postby reptep » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:25 am

I need someones help
Have slide that need to last 2min (120Sec). Have caption that I want to last 1min 4 sec, and then need picture to zoom in after caption is finished at 1min 4 sac. How do I do this. I think I need to have a keyframe for the caption and a keyframe for the photo that I need to appear at 1min 4 sec but can't figure out how to keyframe my caption if this is what I need to do.
Thanks you for anyones expertise.
Todd

Esteemed Member

Re: caption keyframe

Postby reptep » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:26 am

Inreference to above I am usine Producer 4.0

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:15 am

Inreference to above I am usine Producer 4.0

Welcome to the forum.

You have posted in the wrong part of the forum, this is the Gold section :D

I will start you off with the caption, the second part the picture is similar.

Set the slide time to 120 secs, and drag your image to the slide on the timeline.
Double click the image on the slide timeline to open 'Slide Options'.
Select the 'Captions' tab and in 'Caption Settings' window produce your caption.
Now select the 'Caption Motions' tab, and double click on the Line just below the two pictures at the time you wish to fade the caption to insert a KF (KF2).
Now just after that KF2 double click again to insert another KF (KF3)
Single click between KF1 and KF2 to highlight this section blue.
For KF1 and KF2 set 'Opacity' to 100.
Single click between KF2 and KF3 and set KF3 'Opacity' to 0.
Single click between KF3 and KF and set KF 4 'Opacity' to 0.

The slide will now play and the caption fade out between KF2 and 3 at the times set. If you wish to alter the times the KF's can be dragged right and left along the time.

To do what you require for the image will require similar KF's added.

Hope you understand my explaination, come back if you require further help.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:28 am

My problem is that the caption will face before it's gone to the end of the cation. I wnat the
caption to only be 1.04 minutes long total. Right now it's 2.00 min and just fades when I add the
keyfram.e. It won't finish the whole caption. It's like I need the caption to only be 1.4 secs but when
I kF the caption it fades without going to the end of the caption before the picture starts. Is there
a way to set the time for the caption to read quicker across the scrren within 1.4 min before I have the
picture appear?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:22 am

Sorry, I'm just not understanding your above post :oops:

If you have followed my instructions above just ensure the 'Opacity' settings are correct for each KF.
KF1 and 2 should be 100% and KF3 and 4 should be 0%.

If you do not mind the caption not fading in a controlled manner over KF2 to 3 time, then the following will do it without adding extra KF's.

Ensure under 'Caption Settings' the 'Text Effects' are all 'None'. Drag KF1 to the position you need the caption to appear, and drag KF2 to the time you wish it to disappear (ie 1min 4secs). The caption will not fade but disappear abruptly.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks