coming straight at me

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

coming straight at me

Postby kojaysnana » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:22 am

Hello All,
It is me, once again, needing guidance. I am working on a slideshow for Christmas to be played at church.
I have this png image with three camels lined up one after another that I had planned to pan across the screen, now I have gotten this bright idea to have them come forward as if they are "coming straight at me"... I have been playing with the modifiers and I have downloaded the modifier tutorial but It is not happening. Is it possible?
Please let me know and advise if possible.

Thanks for any help,
Karen

Re: coming straight at me

Postby debngar » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:40 am

My take on this is I'm assuming the images are side portraits of the animals and it won't work as you are expecting. For one because there is no frontal view.

Set them in kf1 at position A, then at kf2 at position B.

Set zoom x and y at 100 in KF1 then maybe unlock x and y and zoom y to 120 then play it back to see the result. It will just distort the image and stretch it vertically. You don't have a frontal view of the animal and it just isn't going to look that good IMO.

If you have a more frontal or 3/4 view of the camels, then try zooming from a lesser size to a greater size image, placing them in one position A and ending in position B. Maybe a diagonal path might work. But I kind of don't think this will look much better.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby kojaysnana » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:37 pm

You know, Deb, I hadn't even thought about that, (a frontal view). Thanks for you reply though...just a thought in my head, I am going to play around with it though and see if I can do something other than the ordinary....

Thanks again,
Karen

Postby cherub » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Karen,
Just to add on what Debbie said:
Modifiers are not what you need. Try keyframes first and study what they are, and how they work.
Keyframes are a basic feature of Producer, and all the effects are based on them.
Modifiers can help sometimes, but they most certainly do not replace keyframes.

Postby kojaysnana » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Thanks Mona,
I am going to try out what Deb said. I'm glad you told me that about modifiers...I know the very basics about keyframes, I thought I needed to get into the modifiers, now I will focus on keyframes more. I started using them a lot when I first upgraded and then I kinda fell back into gold mode, using more than one slide to accomplish an effect.
Thanks for your replies
Happy Holidays
Karen

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks