Picture quality

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Picture quality

Postby workingday » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:52 am

I may be making a complete fool of myself or this could prove very helpful to others so here goes!!

I have recently been very disappointed with the quality of the pictures in PPP. I bring in the pictures as jpeg 1800 x 1200 pixels but the show always looks out of focus. I decided to look through all the settings I could find and found under Edit/Preferences/Playback, a heading called "Maximum Internal Rendering Resolution"

It was set at 800 x 600 so I changed it to 1800 x 1200 and bingo, the pictures were instantly sharp and crisp.

This might help others or perhaps one of you knowledgeable folk might explain this setting to me.

Thanks
Colin Turner

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Picture quality

Postby hardsoftware » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:59 am

That is correct, you must set up your "Maximum Internal Rendering Resolution" to your monitors native resolution so that your show previews within Proshow look their best. For me that resolution is 1680x1050.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby workingday » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Does it affect the output to for instance an exe file or is that controlled solely from the create menu?
Colin Turner

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:19 am

I don't think it does. For instance if you were to create an EXE you would set the output by clicking the CREATE OUTPUT icon, then click the PC Executable selection, and when the window opens up you would then click the OPTIONS tab. This is where you would set your output parameters for the EXE. The same goes for the WEB SHOW creation selection.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby workingday » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:54 am

Thanks
Colin Turner

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks