zoom in on top of multiple pix

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

zoom in on top of multiple pix

Postby swanmost » Wed May 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi,
I am trying to create a style called symmetrical montages from (the secret of pro show) I was able to work out the key frames zooming in and out, the only problem is , when It is zoom in it is only the first slide that shows the whole picture all others are underneath other layers, how can I zoom in each photos and will be shown on top of all the pictures. I tried all diff ways to avoid help but I gave up with this...help...... thanks susan

Re: zoom in on top of multiple pix

Postby cherub » Wed May 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi Susan,
I have the disk with the styles, and all I see is that the sample styles are all named something like:
Chapter X Number Y. I can't find the style "Symmetrical montages" that you mention.

Can you give us a short description of what the style does?
Is it a stack of pictures from which one picture is drawn, zoomed and back to place, and then another one is zoomed and so on?

Postby swanmost » Wed May 11, 2011 7:39 pm

hi cherub,

Thanks for reply, it's on chapter 10 number 11.

Postby cherub » Wed May 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi again,

It is as I thought.
First of all, we are not talking here about a slide style, but about a full show.
You have a display of 16 pictures, which are brought to full zoom one after the other in a show made of 50 slides.
Just for info, a slide style refers to just one slide, and includes all the pictures, motions and effects that happen in one single slide.

Back to our show then from chapter 10 number 11 :D
The secret here is that the slide with all the pictures that appear in your show is not identical! it only looks the same to the viewer, but there is a trick involved.
If you look at the layers (in Motion Effects), you will notice that each time the order of the layers is changed. The picture that needs to zoom, is always placed as the top most layer. In this way, it appears to zoom on the top of all the other pictures. Please notice that each such movement is formed of 4-5 slides.
When you come to the 5th or 6th slide, the order of layers changes. The picture that was zoomed before becomes layer 2 while the next picture to zoom becomes layer 1, and so on, and so on.

This is a method that can be used in ProShow Gold too.

Hope this helps.

PS. Look on page 303 in the book. Just saying Hi !

Postby swanmost » Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 pm

Yes I got eactly what you mean, I knew I can do this motions with PSgold but I thought this is also possible with PS pro using key frames. yes I read your insight and hints in creating styles. thanks for that as well.

thanks again
sue

Postby cherub » Wed May 11, 2011 10:19 pm

swanmost wrote:Yes I got eactly what you mean, I knew I can do this motions with PSgold but I thought this is also possible with PS pro using key frames. yes I read your insight and hints in creating styles. thanks for that as well.

thanks again
sue

Yes, it is possible to do this by means of keyframes in Producer, and to make one slide out of all the 50 slides used in the sample in the book.
But, this involves another SECRET/TRICK and it is much more complicated than the solution given in the book.

HINT: The principle is the same as above, but, since one given layer cannot be placed in the layer stack in two different positions at the same time, you need an additional duplicate layer that enters the slide at a particular point in time. :wink: while the main layer appears and disappears, also at given times.
For 16 pictures I would not recommend such a solution. You will end up with 32 layers :shock: and if you are rather new to Producer, this may be a bit confusing.

Postby swanmost » Thu May 12, 2011 10:46 am

It is more complicated than I thought, I am only trying to do 9 layers, I've done already few of those styles from the book and got the same results. thanks for the hints, I will keep trying Ii's a challenge.

:D :?

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks