help with music edit please

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

help with music edit please

Postby scallerbar » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:41 pm

I have just updated to the new 5.0.3222 version of producer. I have tried everything I could think of with no success. This is what I have done and what I want to do.
I dropped the music onto the show, but I want to trim the first 6 second off the beginning of the music. Everytime I have done it , it shaves the 6 seconds off the music, but starts 6 seconds into the show, how do I line it up with the first picture, with shorter beginning? So that the mucic begins with the show, from the point that I want it to start with.
remember I'm a beginner so please tell me in simple steps, it was so easy in the last version.

Another thing I have had trouble with , is I like to add a animated giff to some of the pics, I reduce the size get it to do what I want. But when I preview it producer has the giff in the bigger size so that it covers the photo. I used to be able to do this with ease with the last version..... It seems they have taken some of our control away, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Is there a way to have both versions working on the computer? Meaning the new version and the old ?

Esteemed Member

Re: help with music edit please

Postby Merlin_AZ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:11 pm

I have PSG, so this may be different for PSP.
In the Timeline view (tapping the Tab key), put your mouse cursor over the music file.
Press and hold the Control key and don't let go.
The music file box should turn yellow.
You should then be able to click and drag the middle control handle to trim the song, and then drag the music file over to the location you want, while still holding the Control key down.
Last edited by Merlin_AZ on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby scallerbar » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:21 pm

ty Merlin yes that worked and so easy too :D

Esteemed Member

Postby Merlin_AZ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Happy to help. :)

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:41 am

scallerbar wrote:Is there a way to have both versions working on the computer? Meaning the new version and the old ?

You can do that--just install an update to another folder--but it's not something that PhotoDex recommends doing. Mostly I think that's because there will be stuff that will show up missing, things you added in the other version/folder (styles, backgrounds, etc) won't move over there and it could be confusing.

Everyone's a bit disoriented with the new interface for awhile. It's basically all still there but not where we expect to find it. After a while I started feeling fairly comfortable with it but I still stumble on a few spots.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks