Finding what causes Keyframe Editor to freeze

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Finding what causes Keyframe Editor to freeze

Postby donco234 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 am

I have had 5.0.322 for 4 days and love it. With the help of some online tutorials I have been able to do a lot. I got used to the new interface fairly quickly but had a few "moments" at first. Most of what I learned was possible in 4.5 but having the new software get me interested in learning again.

Occasionally, when I am editing a keyframe that has already worked fine, the software will hang up and show that it is playing or loading or something but never completes the task. The only way to get out of it is to do the CTRL/ALT/DEL solution. I have a great computer with plenty of speed and memory.

Two examples
- adding moving text (left to right) which is following a moving png file. Just abandoned the idea.

- adding a keyframe to the end of a slide

I have learned a couple of things. My sound file was a little too loud. I went in and reduced the amplitude by 4db in my audio editor and that seemed to solve some of the issues.

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences, I have learned a lot form this exchange.
Don

Re: Finding what causes Keyframe Editor to freeze

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 am

I assume you meant 5.0.3222 not 5.0.322 :D If you can create a simple short show that you can repeatedly get to hang up as you describe, be sure and send it along with the steps to create the problem to Photodex - they are actively working to stomp on bugs and if it is something you can do repeatedly, let them know ( the "it only happens on Tuesday if it is raining is a lot harder to track down and fix !! :twisted: ) Anyway, if it is repeatable, let them know and they will work to solve it.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks