Proshow Producer5.0 Curtain Effect

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Proshow Producer5.0 Curtain Effect

Postby Mike Duerden » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:51 am

Hi, I am new to proshow producer 5.0 , and I am trying to create the open Curtain effect, I have cut out the two halves
of the curtain left and right I have them open and closing perfect. I now lay the outside curtian frame on the top layer and it looks great but when I try to play it, I can not see the curtains opening through the frame, can any one help..........

Re: Proshow Producer5.0 Curtain Effect

Postby cherub » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:48 am

Hi Mike,
Without seeing your graphic files, it's difficult to understand what you are actually trying to do.

In order to see through a frame, that frame must have transparency. Just like a hole through which you can see what's underneath. Does your upper curtain have transparency? Graphic files that support transparency can be png, gif, psd...

To create the curtain effect, you don't need to cut your curtain in two.
You can achieve the opening (and closing) effect by means of layer transitions (wipe close and wipe open)

An additional option is to use the same curtain file twice in your slide. Once it moves to the left and once to the right.
For this you need some knowledge of keyframes.

I think that if you look very thoroughly through the section "Member Created Files", you will still be able to find a similar effect posted by a forum member several years ago. It will give you an idea of what can be done.

Re: Proshow Producer5.0 Curtain Effect

Postby Mike Duerden » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:46 pm

Thanks for the Info, I will now try to achieve this..............

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks