Title or Caption Banner

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Title or Caption Banner

Postby berean1 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:51 am

Hi all,

I'm not sure of the official term, but I've seen many of you use an opaque banner of sorts (on its own layer) to display your title or text on a slide, thereby separating it from the background. I can make one in PS but is there an easier way or better, a way to create one in PSP? It would be nice to make one "on-the-fly."

Re: Title or Caption Banner

Postby cherub » Wed May 23, 2012 1:20 pm

The banner that you refer to can be created in Producer with gradients or solid colors.
In Layers, press on the + (plus) sign to add an additional layer. From the menu that opens, choose gradients or solid colors. I prefer gradients.
A suitable combination for the gradient is the preset "simple" , gray shades, type "linear".
The gradient that will be inserted in the slide will cover all your slide. You need to resize it for your caption.
Unlock the the y axis and drag the edges until you reach the height that you need.
Position this layer where you want your caption to appear, and make sure that both keyframes are the same (zoom and pan).
You can also adjust the opacity of this layer so that some of your slide is seen through.
Now you can write your caption on top of this layer.

I don't know if this procedure is really "on the fly", as opposed to something similar made in a graphic editor, but that's how it's done in Producer.

Postby berean1 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:23 am

Thank you Mona.
After seeing how "easy" the answer is, all I can say is DUH. I have a tendency to miss the forest for the trees by overlooking the obvious and simple ways first. Again, thank you and may I say also, a Big Thank You for all your help to so many on this site.

Postby cherub » Thu May 24, 2012 5:52 am

You are very welcome ! :D

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks