TIP - Getting VIDEO CLIP audio to sync in V6

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

TIP - Getting VIDEO CLIP audio to sync in V6

Postby debngar » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:50 am

For version 6 users having trouble getting their video clip audio to sync properly with the video, try unchecking "Avoid DirectShow" box in the playback preferences of ProShow. Then close the program, reopen it and load your show. The sound should sync properly now.

I don't know if it's a problem with just some videos or not. It worked fine in ProShow version 5 using my clips captured with my Samsung S4 smartphone. But when I viewed the show inside the program using version 6, the video sound was out of sync. After applying the solution above in version 6, all seems to be working fine again.

The program must be closed after changing the setting to get it to work or else delete the show's pxc file so the file will rebuild with the preference setting unchecked.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Re: TIP - Getting VIDEO CLIP audio to sync in V6

Postby eacole1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:14 pm

I had problems also with some video being out of sync only when rendered and no matter what file type. Tried unchecking direct show box but did not help. I finally started building from the beginning, rendering each time I made a change. (it was only 30 sec video). Anyway I found that when I changed the first key frame of the video in any way it would go out of sync.
If I didn't change the first keyframe it stayed in sync.

Re: TIP - Getting VIDEO CLIP audio to sync in V6

Postby debngar » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:12 pm

eacole1 wrote:I had problems also with some video being out of sync only when rendered and no matter what file type. Tried unchecking direct show box but did not help. I finally started building from the beginning, rendering each time I made a change. (it was only 30 sec video). Anyway I found that when I changed the first key frame of the video in any way it would go out of sync.
If I didn't change the first keyframe it stayed in sync.

That's something I haven't heard before. You might want to report those findings to Photodex so they can see if they can replicate it and potentially try to fix that.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks