Using same video background on all slides

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Using same video background on all slides

Postby alexanderkirchner » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:32 am

Hello!

I know that it is impossible to have one looping video background on all slides but I think it works pretty well when you insert the same seemless looping video on all slides and then using the simple crossfade transition between the slides. You will hardly notice the little "jump" that occurs when the looping video restarts on the next slide.

Although I would like to see an option in the future which allows you to insert a looping video background on all slides the same way you can insert background images.

I just thought that this might be helpfull to someone. It certainly works well for me.

Re: Using same video background on all slides

Postby debngar » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:18 am

Welcome to the forum.

I'm glad that works for you.

For me, putting more clips in a show makes it huge in size and takes up a lot of machine resources trying to play it all back smoothly. I have a 64 bit machine with 12 GB RAM. As it turns out many of the short video transitions often don't playback smoothly for me. This is the reason in most cases I choose the simpler ones that are not based on a video clip because they playback more consistently without jittery behavior or stalling. I can insert a few video clips of my own and they seem to play ok though. How the show performs seems to depend on what else is included in the show. At the moment, I'm working on a memorial with 6 songs. Even though I'm only using pieces of them it slows things down quite a bit as I wait for things to process and such. I don't seem to have as much trouble with shows with less content, less pieces of music etc.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks