Pro Show 5 set default slide scaling?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Pro Show 5 set default slide scaling?

Postby Cesium » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:23 am

Hi

I am using Producer 5. Is it possible to either set the default slide scaling to "Fill to Safe zone" or change multiple slides to this setting once i have created them. Basically I want the slides to fill the TV screen. As these are mainly holiday landscapes I do not mind some distortion but I do not like the black bars at the side of the image if I leave it as straight from my camera and the ratios of the TV and camera do not match..

Another option would be to set the default zoom for all slides to 114% which works for my set up. I cannot do this either.

At present I can only adjust each slide individually. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Cs

Re: Pro Show 5 set default slide scaling?

Postby cherub » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:35 am

Slide Options > Layer Settings

Once you set the layer to "Fill Screen", you can copy it:
RIGHT CLICK on the words "Fill Screen". Choose any of the options that open. In your case it would probably be "Copy Size Mode to All Layers on All Slides".

One thing to remember is that, almost everything in Producer has a Right click :D

Re: Pro Show 5 set default slide scaling?

Postby im42n8 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:17 pm

In addition to what Mona said, you can set your default scale method as follows (by editing your preferences).

Edit | Preferences | Show Defaults, Default Image Settings: Scaling. Select the scale method you want to use as your default scale from the dropdown list.

Side Note (nitnoid factoid): Default Image Settings should actually be Default Layer Settings since you're actually setting the default scale for any layer you create (by adding a gradient or solid layer, adding an image or graphic or video, etc).

Dale

PS You might want to read the following: http://fpvp.wordpress.com/proshow-discu ... ge-import/
It discusses each of the scale options.

After that, you might want to review this: http://fpvp.wordpress.com/proshow-discu ... tionships/
It tells you how to calculate the width and height of a layer ... that way, you know how much is extending beyond the frame or how much of the frame isn't being used. It gives you a good idea about how much you may need to pan the layer down or up or sideways ... or how much is necessary to crop away to set the layer to the same size as the screen (if that is what you feel a need to do).
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks