Video editing in PSP

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Video editing in PSP

Postby alderon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:05 pm

I have seen this mentioned in a thread or two using search, but thought I'd throw it out there for people who might be searching for, or learning something similar...

I had a need to do a rush video editing project for a customer. I quickly tried a couple of "real" video editors that I was not familiar with; then got frustrated and decided to try Producer.

The video clip was 3 minutes long, and about 1/3 of that needed to be deleted; and was scattered through the clip. Normally, a job for a video editor, not PSP.

My solution was to write down which sections I wanted to save, and their positions in the timeline. I then placed the entire video into Slide 1, and also copied it into a new Slide 2. I trimmed the Slide 1 video down to the first section I wanted to keep. Then I copied Slide 2 into a new Slide 3, (still the entire video); and trimmed Slide 2 down to where it needed to be for the second portion. I ended up with 8 video sections (Slides) which now comprised the desired portion of the video clip. I kept the transitions very short and simple. I muted all the audio in the slides, and inserted a pre-trimmed musical track in Slide 1, which covered the entire finished length of the presentation. I also made a custom overlay to hide a watermark embedded in the original video.

It turned out great, took less time then I thought it would, and did not tax my computer at all.
I love that there is almost always a way to do things that at first look impossible or unlikely.
Ron

Re: Video editing in PSP

Postby debngar » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:54 am

You're right. There are often workarounds within Producer without the need to use another program.

I prefer using Producer's tools when possible. In a similar way that you described using parts of video, the same can be done with audio. Some users prefer using an outside audio editor. But I've found the tools in Producer adequate for me.

Even though inserting multiple copies of audio or video means the entire pieces are duplicated and make for overall larger show file size, I prefer doing it this way. My shows aren't usually that long anyways.

Users are sure to appreciate your post on this.

Welcome to the forum. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks