Merging Shows

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Merging Shows

Postby Jazzman247 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Hello Team, Just got on this forum today and have spent hours reviewing the great tips and discussions!

Question for the guru's in the house: What's the best (most effective/efficient) method to merge multiple shows. I have several 3-5 min shows that I need to merge to make one 45 minute show for a client (all music already synced). Never done it before. It needs to play nonstop.

Thoughts? Ideas? Snide remarks? :?

Thanks in advance for help.

Re: Merging Shows

Postby im42n8 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:16 pm

There is no merge capability at this time ... tho it has been requested. Basically, what you'll have to do is copy the slides and then import the music tracks (and figure out any fine tuning of the timing from the original show) (music tracks can't be copied like slide are. You'll have to note the names and locations of each of the audio tracks and then, import them into the combined show... and adjust the offset for the starting tune until it's exactly where it was in the original show ... all following tunes will placed accordingly.... note though, if any of those tunes were truncated in Proshow and/or had an offset in the original show, you'll have to re-create those).

Do this within a Project. Open each show into the Project and then, I'd work from a NEW Show in which all of the shows will be combined (or a copy of the show that will be the starting show... so that you have all of the music tracks settings on at least one of the shows ... then, combine the other show's slides into this duplicated copy).

Just take it a step at a time ... do one show at a time ... and take your time.

Good luck!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:59 pm

It depends (elections are near so I am sounding "political" :twisted: ) While as Dale points out, there is no direct way to merge the shows, if you render the shows to mp4 for example, then the two mp4 shows could be easily put together in a video editor to make one show. There isn't currently a way to merge two shows at the design level though (where you would still have control over each slide/layer etc.)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jazzman247 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Good suggestions from both of you! Thanks for the information. I like the idea of making multiple .mp4 files and combining them. That should do exactly what I need it to do. Thanks again Guys!

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks