Downloading Shows

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
claysand

Downloading Shows

Postby claysand » Wed May 02, 2007 11:29 am

I am fairly new to ProShow and still learning. I have downloaded several shows to watch and observe techniques. What I am wondering is there any way to download a show or file to be able to really look at how the show was put together. In other words I would like to see and understand how a certain effect was created (layers, keyfrasming, etc.). I guess I am a observation type of person rather than a "tell me" type. I know there are some good tutorials out there and I have looked at some, but I would like to take a show and take it apart to see how this works. This has probably been discussed before but I was not able to find what I wanted by search. Thanks in advance for any help. :shock:
I will post this in PSG also as I don't know if everyone reads all like me.

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Wed May 02, 2007 2:56 pm

If you have ProShow Producer, you should go to the Templates section and download a one of the templates. Then place that template in your template folder on your computer (a template file is usually a .psh or .pst file). Then when you open ProShow Producer, click on Show, then Show Template, then Open Template. Click on the template you want to open and you should be able to see exactly how the template is created. You may need to fill the template with pictures to see the true effect of the template.

Kelly

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed May 02, 2007 3:02 pm

The thought is a good one but the obstacle that you're up against is the fact that if you really wanted to see how the show was built you'd need to have all the raw material: the psh file, the individual pictures and the raw audio tracks. AFAIK that's the only way you could actually use ProShow to examine how it was done. With a short demo that might be feasible but with anything more it's really not. And I suspect most folks wouldn't be comfortable releasing all the raw material to you.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

claysand

Postby claysand » Wed May 02, 2007 4:40 pm

Thanks Kelly and Dick.

I have PSG but have been thing of upgrading. Thinking a little harder now. It looks like the template is what I need. I am not interested in anyones pictures or audio, I just want to understand how a slide or several is built. Kinda like tearing a car engine apart to see all the parts and then understanding how it all works together to make it run. :D

claysand

Postby claysand » Wed May 09, 2007 8:23 am

I have downloaded the trial version of PSP. I downloaded the lightning template to a zipped file. I then extracted all files (4) None of these have an extension of .pst or .psh. Anyway I copied all four files into the template folder, but nothing shows up when I go to show>show templates. Is it because it is a trial version or what am I doing wrong. "Please help an old man".

Postby newtcruiser » Wed May 09, 2007 8:39 am

Clayton

I am at work, but if I remember correctly the lightning template is actually a show. All you have to do is open it as a show in Producer, and replace the included jpeg file with your own and then copy it into the show you are working on. Hope this helps and hope I have remembered correctly.

cheers, Linda

claysand

Postby claysand » Wed May 09, 2007 8:59 am

Thanks, Linda, I will try downloading another template.

claysand

Postby claysand » Wed May 09, 2007 12:55 pm

That was the problem. I downloaded another template and it worked. I guess some of the files named as termplates in the member files are not necessarily templates.

Postby newtcruiser » Wed May 09, 2007 12:57 pm

Great Clayton, glad it worked for you. :lol:

Linda

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks