How to upload to Photodex Tutorial

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Re: How to upload to Photodex Tutorial

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:24 am

Yeah - 4:20 AM. Just had to get up and see if my machine was still alive - been fighting with it for the last couple of days. First it looked like the new disk I added was the issue, but the problem started moving around - sometimes freezing, sometimes rebooting. Finally put the old power supply back in that I had upsized last year. Seems I have a flakey supply. Sigh - there went a couple of days - sure looked like a different issue at first. I have to have a DVD done in a couple of weeks and 3 or 4 days of screwing around with he machine and swapping drives is NOT helping.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Tucker's Mom » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:46 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: sorry to be a little bit smug now...but WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!! I've had my share of pooter-poopie-doo last week, remember??? :mrgreen: next thing you know, you will be installing a new chipset... :lol: careful, they multiply...
Take care and be safe. If you can't be safe, at least be dangerous.
Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
A closed mouth gathers no feet...

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 am

Yeah, as one friend put it - "the hardware is the part of the computer that can be smashed with a large heavy object" - I don't do that though since I am the one that has to fix the silly things. :twisted: First time I have had a supply fail like that though (It was a new 650watt Antec supply I put in last November.). I have had them just fail, or explode before, but this one was sneaky. Oh well - my new Corsair supply (that gets excellent ratings) is on it's way and it did give me a chance to see just what the system was pulling - turns out with 3 cdrom drives and 6 hard drives hooked up it only pulls between 160 and 220 watts normally. Not too bad actually. The down side is my system now looks like a bomb went off in it with all the wires hanging out. It will stay like that until I get the new supply though. Usually, I am fixing someone else's system for them - so much for the 3 year warranty I guess (only had it 6 months). Oh well, with this new supply, I am really ready to support a new motherboard/processor in the not too distant future (I have the slowest system in the house now !! ). :shock:

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby Tucker's Mom » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:53 am

Guts of mine have been changed but I only have 5 hard disks including that one that came with the pooter. A 60 GB serves as a scratch disk for Photoshop, one 500 GB drive serves as a special disk for my Buckaroo and Swift jobs, another 500 GB for some other stuffs and the latest one a 1 TB drive serves as my work stuff big enough to hold my vid files, ani, gifs and my MBCA accounts and personal video files AND fonts (at the moment...) And of course the one that came with the pooter, I am trying to keep straight operating system. For short transferable stuffs, I use several memory sticks. When my systemn goes down, we have three more pooter to access anything outside my cave... :lol:

Man!!! ...I use to upgrade my system once a year so it gets dusted and cleaned... :mrgreen: not because it was giving me problems. This is actually the first time my blockie gave me problems...times changed...

Well...goodluck...!!! hope you get your job done. hmmm....get out there and enjoy the sunshine instead...

Before I go, since you have been a member here for a good while, can you tell me if we have a "Critique" area here so people can create a link to their work-in-progress and anyone can offer suggestions on how to make it better? Or something similar....

Thanks...
Izzie
Take care and be safe. If you can't be safe, at least be dangerous.
Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
A closed mouth gathers no feet...

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Well, we do have the sample shows forum where you can post a link to partial / full shows for comments etc - is that what you are looking for ? Be sure and read the sticky from Mike (not me - our fearless leader) on what you have to do to be able to post in that forum (very easy - just agree not to see how many fights you can start basically :twisted: )

I use the cans of "Dust off" on a regular basis to keep my systems somewhat clean. My main machine (the one with the failed power supply) has better than 5TB of storage in it currently. Sigh - I remember when double sided/ double density 8" floppies with 1.2megs were HUGE !!

Here is a picture that has been floating around for a while -- loading a 5 megabyte drive into a PanAm aircraft ...
It's a hard disk drive back in 1956... with 5 MB of storage.
In September 1956 IBM launched the 305 RAMAC, the first 'SUPER' computer with a hard disk drive (HDD). The HDD weighed over a ton and stored a 'whopping' 5 MB of data.
Do you appreciate your 8 GB memory stick now?

mikey

Previous

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks