Software needed

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
jpjgolden

Software needed

Postby jpjgolden » Thu May 14, 2009 11:28 am

I have a couple of programs that can extract video files for use in slideshows, but the audio of extracted files is out of synch with the video. Can anyone suggest software that would allow me to match up audio and video?

JPJ

Re: Software needed

Postby texan » Thu May 14, 2009 11:38 am

What program are you using to "extract" the video files from??

And what exactly is the source file??

It'll probably be easier to use a different "extractor" that doesn't delay the audio/video in the first place!!
Texan

jpjgolden

Postby jpjgolden » Thu May 14, 2009 11:44 am

A friend has several DVDs featuring bands from the '30s, '40s, and 1950s. He asked me to put together a disc with his favorites from each era.

I have VirtualDub and Avidemux. Avidemux has the feature I want (I think), but I can't get a handle on making it work.

JPJ

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu May 14, 2009 1:24 pm

JPJ

This link to the wiki may help, if you do not already have it.

http://avidemux.org/admWiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

EDIT: From the wiki 'Cutting' entry. Is this maybe why your audio is out of sync?
Audio/Video Sync
If you are editing a file with variable bitrate audio, run Audio->Build VBR Time Map before you do any editing. Otherwise your audio will be out of sync.

Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

jpjgolden

Postby jpjgolden » Thu May 14, 2009 1:43 pm

Thanks, Brian. I've seen that page as well as the Avidemux website. The English-speaking forum is closed for new questions. However, in re reading some of the stuff, I have a few new ideas to try.

JPJ

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Another option would be to use a video editor (Sony Vegas Movie Studio, Adobe Premiere Elements etc) to allow you to play with the video and audio on the timeline. You can "unlock" the audio then move it to where ever you want to sync it back up again. If you are going to be working with video, it is nice to have a video editor anyway.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications