Captions in Photoshop

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Esteemed Member

Captions in Photoshop

Postby des.tom » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:18 pm

I've been using Photoshop to try to replicate the style in the letters in Framelocker's "Lettershine" set - using a different font - for captions for a show I'll be creating shortly. So far I haven't been very successful but have come up with a number of alternatives which, altho' not as effective, will be ok. If you've ever used the Layer Styles for text, you'll know that it can be quite time-consuming, so the thought of recreating this many times didn't appeal. First thought was to create an Action which I could use but a friend came up with an alternative.

With the original saved as a .psd file, open another file and enter the new text. Select and drag the Effects from the Layers' Palette of the original file into the Active Image Area of the new file and they will be transferred to the new text.

I thought that was rather neat so I'm passing it on - hope someone else might also find it new to them & useful.

Des Thomas

Re: Captions in Photoshop

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:18 am

The Frame Locker, for one, finds your tip useful in the extreme. Thank you! :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications