Photoshop CS4 Upgrade

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Esteemed Member

Photoshop CS4 Upgrade

Postby des.tom » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:17 pm

I've just deactivated and uninstalled a copy of Photoshop CS3 (Upgrade) and replaced it with CS4 (Upgrade). My "Base" copy is Photoshop CS which is said to be a suitable level for this upgrade and I'm running Windows 7. When loaded I had a message, "Optional components of Adobe Photoshop CS4 failed to install properly. Adobe Color Common Set RGB. Error 1603. Fatal error during installation." A Google search for this shows that this has been reported a number of times but I haven't found a solution or indeed, as it's an "optional component" how much of a problem this is likely to be in running Photoshop.

If anyone can offer any practical advice, I'd be very grateful.

Regards,

Des Thomas

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Photoshop CS4 Upgrade

Postby briancbb » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Maybe this link may help. Seems to be associated with 'Google Desktop'.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403911.html

Hedging my bets, Notice the 'maybe' and 'may' in the first sentence :D
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Esteemed Member

Re: Photoshop CS4 Upgrade

Postby des.tom » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:07 am

Thanks Brian. I did notice this but hoped that someone might have a quick fix - I don't want to have to deactivate and uninstall the Photoshop upgrade and the Google Desktop without being certain the latter really is the problem -or be able to tell me whether, as it says it's an optional component, it will have much/any affect on the running of the program.

Regards,

Des

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications