CAPTIONS ALIVE

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

CAPTIONS ALIVE

Postby steetz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:43 am

Wondering if anyone knew where I could find a tutorial on Captions Alive pro. I downloaded the trial and have no clue how to use it. Thanks

Re: CAPTIONS ALIVE

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:28 am

Dave has a couple of sample shows demonstrating how to do it and what you need to do -- see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yh-vMbEia8&fmt=22 or
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=153618
Also check out the other stuff on YouTube for Fitz9016. I don't have Captions installed on this machine right now, but there was also some help available in the program itself as well as some pointers to some other stuff if I remember correctly (this reminds me I need to get it installed on my new machine so I can use it again).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby steetz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:28 am

thanks, I did see both of those. However, I still don't know how to use it. In the trial version I test it and when I put it over an image in Producer - it covers the entire photo with the caption along with a background. I need to watch how it is done. I want to purchase it, but I'm worried I still won't be able to use it. Thanks for your time

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:28 pm

The trick involves using it as a mask otherwise you end up exactly as you did with the caption taking over the show. I can't remember the exact sequence (and have to work on the "honeydo" list right now) but I did drop Dave a note and ask him to pop in and see if he could help you. It actually works quite well - you just need the mask part.

mikey (off to sorting and filling the recycle bin for tomorrow)
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:17 pm

To follow up on Mikey's reply, here is what you need to do.

(1) build the avi in CAP as white lettering on a black background
(2) set up your stack in Producer this way:

Top Layer - CAP White on Black AVI, set as an grayscale layer mask
2nd Layer - the color you want your lettering to be
3rd Layer - the image you want the scripting to overlay

That should do it.
Dave

The camera sees things the way they are. Photoshop makes them the way we'd like them to be.

http://www.mediadigitronics.com

Postby steetz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks, this was great. I appreciate the help. I need to practice before I purchase though. Thanks again, Sandy

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications