Lite Scribe Discs

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Bill McMahon

Lite Scribe Discs

Postby Bill McMahon » Mon May 05, 2008 9:37 am

I'm just looking for feedback from Lite Scribe users - My experience so far is that the "burn" is extremely light and has to be "rescribed" several times before it is readable. Does anyone have similar experience or hints for improving this. I have downloaded the latest drivers, so I don't believe that is an issue. I am using Nero Cover Designer to design/burn.
Bill

Modify Contrast Settings to Enhanced

Postby bigsewed » Mon May 05, 2008 12:11 pm

I had similar issue...
I go to the Lightscribe control panel and modify contrast settings...to Enhanced...
Increases an already long burn time...
This doubles the contrast to a very acceptable level...Depending on the design...

Wes

Postby nannybear » Mon May 05, 2008 1:00 pm

I think it is the same for all but I am happy with the Enhanced burn. I also have an HP C5280 for printing DVD's in color. It just depends on the job. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon May 05, 2008 3:26 pm

Yeah, what they said. The normal is okay for my own use but I'll do enhanced or multipasses for giving to someone else. I like the results tho'.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Valued Member

Postby Harry » Mon May 05, 2008 4:45 pm

I have to agree with everyone else so far. The disc either has to be burnt twice or on enhanced. But I do like the final result. So far everyone that I have used the lightscribe for has loved the look of them. I feel it is worth the extra time needed.

Harry

Bill McMahon

Postby Bill McMahon » Tue May 06, 2008 9:42 am

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I am set at the "enhanced" level but see no significant improvement.

Valued Member

Postby Harry » Tue May 06, 2008 11:20 am

Bill,
Try burning the label again on that disc. The second pass will make it stand out more. That is the nice thing about lightscribe, you can do multiple burns with no problem. The program senses that is has been burned and burns again perfectly over the first one. That will make it appear darker.

Harry

Bill McMahon

Postby Bill McMahon » Wed May 07, 2008 9:53 am

I have burned up to threee times, each time slightly darker..but there must be a better way!....

Bill McMahon

Postby Bill McMahon » Wed May 07, 2008 9:54 am

I have burned up to three times, each time slightly darker..but there must be a better way!....

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications