Free converter

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Free converter

Postby Studio7Productions » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:58 am

There is a FREE download of a program called 'WAVPAD', that converts any format to WAV files......
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:40 am

Thanks. After doing some research and trying a lot of different things, I did buy tunebite, and it works great!! Converts to mp3 or wav and works in batches. I don't normally use the cds once I've burned to them, so that was a waste, this is much better for me!
TinaJ
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:35 am

I don't normally use the cds once I've burned to them, so that was a waste,

For anyone that does use this method its best to use R/W CD's. They can be ereased and burned again and again. No need to waste Write only CD's to do this.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:21 pm

TinaJ wrote:Looking for free conversion software. Itunes format won't work in proshow and I've been burning to disk and then ripping back to my music library to use them. Today I ran out of disks and thought, there must be an easier way!
TinaJ

I like NCH Switch as a software for doing what you want to do. Standard version is free the pro version is not free but not too expensive either.

Postby marmart » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:29 am

I downloaded the program Wavepad as suggested by Studio 7 Productions and tried it on a song I had bought from Itunes and it worked like a charm. I thought, wow, this was too easy, so I thought I'd do another song I had and it did not work and said the file was unsupported.

After looking at both files - both downloads from Itunes, I found one is M4A and the other is M4P. So, my question is why would they be different? I am clueless about Itunes so I look to the expertise of so many on this forum!

Thanks,

Mary

Previous

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications