Include show into PowerPoint

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
okkels

Include show into PowerPoint

Postby okkels » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:20 am

Hi,

I am making quite a large powerpoint presentation (for an info screen in the lobby) including several PSG movies. I need to make powerpoint the main application.

Today I save my PSG files as .mpg and when inserted into powerpoint the quality is not optimal. When I save the PSG-show as an .exe file, the quality is perfect. Does anybody know of a better way of including PSG shows in powerpoint?

Regards,
Kasper

Re: Include show into PowerPoint

Postby nannybear » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:16 am

These are the supported output files -
MPG MPEG 1 video file
.MPG MPEG 2 video file
.WMV Windows Video
.MOV Quicktime Video
.FLV Flash Video
You might want to check to see what formats are supported by Power Point. cheers jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

okkels

Postby okkels » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:35 pm

None of the formats gives nearly as good quality as an .exe or screensaver. What are the recomended settings for high-quality movie export?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:11 pm

okkels wrote:None of the formats gives nearly as good quality as an .exe or screensaver. What are the recomended settings for high-quality movie export?

They never will. The size of the video for these are really small compared to what is used in .exe or screensaver. The only way you will approach that type of quality is to go High Definition. Then you are starting to approach that level of resolution.

-Vernon

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:45 pm

Don't have much experience here but I looking at the output selection screen are you using the High Quality setting and increasing the image size/resolution? A 320x240 won't look very good especially at Normal Quality.

I just did a quick one with a "custom" setting, MPEG2, 1024x768, High Quality encoding and it looked good to me.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications