digital hotcakes

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

digital hotcakes

Postby logcabin07 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:20 pm

I'm looking to buy some Digital Hotcakes software and I noticed there's a warning on their website about using it with ProShow Gold, specifically about an alpha channel. I know a lot of you on here have experience with Digital Hotcakes. Can anyone tell me what I WON'T be able to do with DH using ProShow Gold? What exactly is incompatible between the two?
Thanks.
Terry

Re: digital hotcakes

Postby im42n8 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:50 pm

In short, you can use DH for backgrounds in PSG. Any lower thirds or videos that have an alpha channel (used to make part of the video transparent -- such as creating a frame or a revealer or such) won't work for the user of PSG. PSP/PSG can't utilize a video with an alpha channel (well, they won't recognize the embedded alpha channel). PSP can utilize masks so it can take the alpha channel as a separate video layer and treat it as a mask of the video to make the areas of the video transparent that are s'posed to be transparent. PSG can't do that so you're essentially S.O.L. (bummer, eh?).

Dale

Postby logcabin07 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:17 am

So that means that for, say, the video of the book opening to reveal a photo underneath would be useless for me? Pooo...

Thanks.
Terry

Postby im42n8 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:06 am

Yep! Bummer, eh?

Dale

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications