Downloading IMG Burn

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Downloading IMG Burn

Postby hobler » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:06 pm

Feeling a little stupid right now. I have been "burned" before by not being careful when downloading free software. When I go to download IMGBurn I get several different download services to choose from and typically they all try to dump in a search engine, pc cleanup utility or a number of any other kinds of garbage I really don't want. I've gone to the official IMGBurn Site and still can't find a simple, clean download and install of just the IMGburn program. I also get error messages which I don't understand. Can anyone recommend an site where I can get a simple and clean download of this program?
Bob
PSP 5.0

Re: Downloading IMG Burn

Postby cherub » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:21 pm

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Im ... 28426215/1

This is one of the mirror sites that they recommend, and a site that I use a lot.
Press on "DOWNLOAD NOW" and choose "save".

Make sure that during setup you uncheck any other applications that is not ImgBurn.

Postby debngar » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Don't feel too bad. I've had similar frustrations when looking to upgrade imgburn. It would seem these sites are designed to count on confusion, placing the important button in less likely location than front and center to befuddle people, hoping they click on things they really don't want. Too many other things on the screen look legitimate at first glance.

Mona, Thanks for pointing out how to avoid installing the undesirable junk ware that apparently comes with it. :) Too bad there isn't a choice to just not download that part in the first place.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby cherub » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:17 pm

debngar wrote:Mona, Thanks for pointing out how to avoid installing the undesirable junk ware that apparently comes with it. :) Too bad there isn't a choice to just not download that part in the first place.

Well, all these free programs, need to make money out of something, don't they?

Nowadays, even the "respectable" Adobe Flash Player comes with "something". You need to pay extra care not to end up with McAfee Security Scan Plus :cry:

Just as an afterthought:
The official site of ImgBurn looks much better if you use AdBlock Plus - an extension for Firefox, Chrome and other browsers.
For those who still use mostly Internet Explorer, I just saw this:
https://adblockplus.org/releases/adbloc ... r-released
I haven't put it to test yet, because I'm a Firefox addict. :D

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Well, yes, they do need to make money to make it worthwhile to them although I have donated to both Imgburn and my other favorite freebie Irfanview (they both have "donation" options). Both are great products and work very well. I try and support them - but, yes, you do need to be sure and un-check those things that are set to install by "default". I have also run into some things that when you go to install them, if you don't watch very carefully, one of the setup screens will have a scroll bar - scroll down and discover the "hidden" options that have been selected for your installation "pleasure" but are not visible until you scroll down (imagine that) :evil:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby hobler » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Thank you, Mona for the link. That page worked well and cleanly without confusion. Thanks to everybody who replied. All you regulars are always so helpful. I don't post much but I read everything on this site. There's always useful stuff all over the place. Thanks again.
Bob
PSP 5.0

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications