Deleting files from Vimeo

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Esteemed Member

Deleting files from Vimeo

Postby des.tom » Sun May 13, 2018 2:13 am

I have a problem deleting a file from Vimeo. I have the basic set up which I use to send shows to a few people who can’t access My Gallery in Producer. I only had two shows on it and when I’d finished adding a third I’d almost filled it up and they suggested I upgrade which, for the amount I use it, I don’t. So, before I need to add another file, I need to delete one or more. Searched the internet and came up with this:

Sign in
Check My Videos
Click gear on video
Click video file
Click Delete this video
Enter password
Click Delete.

Got as far as Click gear on video. Right click gives me Delete as an option but it’s greyed out.

I then googled another option:

"You can delete your video by going to the Video File tab of your video settings, and clicking the red “Delete this video” button. You'll need to enter your account password to complete the deletion of your video."

Still no joy – where should I find the Video file tab of my video settings?

Any ideas, please?

Another senior moment I fear!

Des

Re: Deleting files from Vimeo

Postby weldr » Sun May 13, 2018 5:10 am

I've got to delete a few videos. Just checked. I left clicked the gear. Drop down menu came up. Scrolled down to video file, that gave me the option to delete.
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Postby heckydog » Sun May 13, 2018 5:37 am

Des,

I just checked my account settings, I have a basic account. It says that I have 5GB of storage space, and I'm limited to 500MB per week of uploads. Maybe you have more space available than you realize. With only 2 shows uploaded, that can't possibly be filling up 5GB already.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 am

Thank you Weldr and Joe for responding. I'd been clicking on the wrong cog where a left click took me to Quality Settings options!

As usual Joe was also correct regarding storage space and weekly uploads so I have plenty of space still. I must admit I just took their word that I was running out of space and didn't check my stats - obviously a sales ploy. At least I now know how to delete any files when the time comes.

Thanks again.

Des

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications