Highlighter Pro

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: Highlighter Pro

Postby Moonwatcher » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:41 pm

Chrissy,
You are so great hanging in thee to try and help me.
Thank you!
By the way, enjoyed your show.
Okay, if I shirk my picture, the stars or notes, do show up in the background, but I can't get them on top of a photo.
Now if I put in a blank slide and then stars/notes over that, it shows up!

Postby ChrissyC » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:49 pm

brb..gonna open my show and see what the settings are for a stars on top of a photo..... OK I GOT IT!! hahaha I figured it out...hold on for next post....with instructions :D

Postby ChrissyC » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Ok Moon..try this.....
In Layers, put your notes avi as Layer 1
Layer 2 will be a copy of this same avi (right click and choose Duplicate layer)
now you should have 2 layers exactly the same...
Layer 3 will be your photo.
Now highlight your first Layer..Layer 1 with your Avi and over to the right check This layer is a mask...look at your layers and you should see the word Mask and both avi's are in this mask area...if you did it right your notes avi should be on TOP of your photo and play over the photo....fingers crossed, try it.
C.

Postby Moonwatcher » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Wa La'
it worked!!! :D
I would of never figured that one out.

Thank you so much.
Now I think I might go buy Highlighter and have some fun

Postby ChrissyC » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:27 pm

YAY! Oh I am just thrilled to be able to help someone in the forum! How cool, and I'm happy for you to...I learned something today! I am not happy with my notes avi, to many flying around and way to fast..so I started fooling around...I put ONE dot right in the middle of the black screen, chose notes...path duration 8 seconds, thinking longer avi time slower the pace..Glyph Init interval set that to 10 Glyph duration 2 seconds..flyout distance 400..flyout dispertion 360..left the rest as defaults and tested..YES!!!!!!! it's just what I wanted, ONE steady stream of notes coming from the center dot and flying in all directions slowly! Ohhh man I was so excited..I then built my BMP and then built my Avi, brought it into Producer, popped it in my slide last layer under my photo and it's perfect..a slow drift of notes coming from behind my photo..I LOVE this program!!
it was my pleasure to help..I'm going to go reload my show so you can see the difference in that notes slide..just use my user name chrissycan that way I don't have to bother with a link..you know how to browse member in the photodex site don't you? check it in a bit, it may take awhile to upload.
Chrissy
Yay for you!! :D

Postby Moonwatcher » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:06 am

Chrissy,
I will go look at the new show.
I think I know how to do that.

I thought you did great in helping me, you put things in very simple terms, just what i need at this point.
I know I will have lots more problems and hope to have your help again.

Postby Moonwatcher » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:16 am

Just watched the new notes... I agree it does look better.
Graet Job!

Postby ChrissyC » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:24 am

Thank you, this program is fun to learn
Chrissy

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:14 pm

This is a very basic question. Is it correct that I have to import a picture into HLP and then create my glyphs around the picture first? I f I do that and the original pic is too big and it makes me resize it, then the glyphs won't be correct if I import them in PSP with the original size of the picture ( I think) So how to I make sure the glyph is created so when I import to PSP it will be the same size to fit the original size of my picture.?

Thx
Todd

Postby gpvideodesigns » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:43 am

hi everyone,
I know all these postings were made in 2008 but I just found Highlighter pro and the other 2 programs it comes with. I also am having a hard time figuring it out. I can't find any videos on it anywhere. I did go to Daves website and there are only videos to show what it does not how to do it. I've search utube and nothing. The directions that come in the help screen don't help me. I need to see it done. Does anyone know of any tutorial videos for Highlighter Pro and visi Sketch? I found a great one made by wonderful Jennifer Clark of choice backgrounds, but can't find one on the other two programs. I tried to make one, created some floating hearts, but it wouldn't show up in my producer for me. I tried putting it on top of my picture, on the bottom.. It shows when I take my picture out but not with the picture. I really need a good tutorial video. Hope you guys know of one. Thanks everyone.

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications