Gavin Hoey ~ You tube

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Rik 101

Gavin Hoey ~ You tube

Postby Rik 101 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi all, Just link to another great person with some really cool tutorials.
Scroll down a lil bit for Proshow Gold tutorials, Hope some may be helpful to newbies or oldies too :wink: plus he has some good photoshop tips.
Nice and easy to learn and listen to. Well worth a visit but make sure you have got some spare time as you will want to watch more than one :lol:

This link to main You tube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhotoGavin

All credit to Gavin please on his comment page, (I'm just sharing the link with fellow proshowers :D )

Rick

Re: Gavin Hoey ~ You tube

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:26 pm

I second the suggestion of checking out Gavin's stuff - very good once you get past the accent (he's from the "other" side of the pond :lol: ). Some very good info there. Also, for Photoshop stuff, don't forget "Dr. Brown" and his stuff
http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html (maybe Gavin isn't that strange after all ! )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby anitaemile » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi

I have discovered Gavin a while ago and have learned so much from his tutorials on photoshop. This guy is awasome
I had to laugh when I was reading Mikey's comments about Gavin's accent. Since in The Netherlands were taught the "proper" English in school years back we had to get used to the American English when we came here. Now , 12 years later, of course we don't know any better, but it never dawned on me that the Americans and Canadians could find it difficult understanding Gavins English, because we really don't have any problem understanding anything he says. . That comes to proof that what once learned doesn't really disappear. How odd though..

Anita

Postby nannybear » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:08 pm

I love Gavin!!! He has taught me sooooo much!! cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby starsmum » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:27 am

Well, I live on the "correct" side of the pond (Starsmum ducks!) and even I have problems telling what he says, 'cos he's a Southerner!! :lol:

Postby heckydog » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:58 pm

starsmum wrote:Well, I live on the "correct" side of the pond (Starsmum ducks!) and even I have problems telling what he says, 'cos he's a Southerner!! :lol:

After years of watching Monty Python's Flying Circus, and lately, The Mighty Boosh, I have very little trouble understanding those Brits on the "correct" side of the pond :lol:

Gavin is good. I subscribe to his videos on youtube. Of late he seems to have tapered off a bit, but we're all entitled to take a break now and then.

Joe

Postby starsmum » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:14 pm

He he .... The Mighty Boosh?? Can't you find any DECENT British programmes?? Try Victoria Wood, now that's a PROPER accent :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually, Gavin does video tutorials for Digital Photo magazine (or used to do) although I suppose he may have put those same ones on YouTube. He IS good, I agree

Return to PSG - Tutorials