Purposeful Motion Tutorial

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Postby VidQueen » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:10 am

My smallest tutorial EVER!! 3:40 mintues and only 31Mb....whooo hooo!!! (That's right: no video.)

Actually, I use the word "tutorial" quite loosely with this one. There's no technical explanation for how to use ProShow in this one, just some examples of Purposeful Motion. While I love to move photos in my own shows, one of my personal "icks" when I watch shows is when photos seem to fly around for no particular reason at all; or at least with very little regard to the image or subject orientation.

Inspiration for some rockin' motion: Michelle's (mfunk) Eagle Rays Template (for Producer ONLY). Available here under the Member Created Files Section.
Michelle; you rock. :!:

Jennifer

Postby nannybear » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:52 pm

That was excellent and I love that song and movie!!! Your tutorials always sound better than mine( look better too). I have to get that figured out....thansk for sharing Hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:01 pm

Nice job Jennifer! Well said -- this one is mandatory :wink: viewing for all ProShow users!

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:03 am

this one is mandatory viewing for all ProShow users!

Agreed! Thanks for doing this one Jennifer.

Ben

Nannybear, nice Avatar!
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:16 pm

Thanks Jennifer. Gee-I watched that and thought you were talking DIRECTLY to me. Until I found this forum--that was me. All my shows were like that. It seems I just got hung up on doing it with every show until I posted my first show here and received a good critique from folks with the main criticism (constructive of course) being of my motion and zooming.

thanks--Great job. :)

lisco

Postby lisco » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:50 pm

Jennifer-

I watched this some time ago and meant to comment then, but for one reason or another, didn't. As per usual, I enjoy and learn from all your tutorials. Thanks!

Burntb4--I use to be the same way. I use to make as much movement as I could stand. After posting here a few times, I saw that less was more. Now I sometimes feel that I've taken way too much off sometimes. But feel better about my choices after I post the show. (sometimes lol)

Scott

P.S. It's almost "HOG" Season. Do you watch the Hogs? 13 days and counting. :D

smiley

Re: Purposeful Motion Tutorial

Postby smiley » Wed May 28, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi...I love your motion tutorial and wish you could give me a lesson a week....i am brand new and struggling to get some fun special effects....find it very difficult but love the tutorials and practice those...please let me know if you have anything else you can share with me....thanks in advance...Smiley

Return to PSG - Tutorials