Video tutorial - Scrolling images in PSG

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
PhotoGavin

Video tutorial - Scrolling images in PSG

Postby PhotoGavin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi everyone

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3exF23Zllgo

I've added a new Youtube video (Link Above) showing how to construct a simple scrolling effect using Proshow Gold.

The technique is fairly simple to replicate in your own shows. To make life easier I'd suggest you prepare the images you plan to use by making them all the same size using Photoshop or Elements. Resizing advice can be found here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YzAdNsuaM9A

Gavin

Re: Video tutorial - Scrolling images in PSG

Postby ChrissyC » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi Gavin!! I have watched your tutorial on u tube, I'm a subscriber of yours :D I ammm so chuffed your posting here! and your giving us a tutorial! how nice of you. I always look forward to your videos :D
thank you and I'm gonna sit back and learn!
Chrissy

PhotoGavin

Postby PhotoGavin » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:28 am

Hi Chrissy

Firstly, thanks for subscribing. I aim to add a new photography or photoshop video every Wednesday. So far I've managed to keep up that pace for 15 weeks. Each video takes several hours to plan, record, edit and upload so I'm really happy to get positive feedback and even happier when people subscribe to my channel http://uk.youtube.com/user/PhotoGavin

I wasn't planning on adding any more proshow videos, but the response to the last two has been surprisingly good. It seems there are very few good Proshow tutorial videos on the web (unless someone can point be to some).

I've recieved a few requests for Proshow videos on certain topics, so if time permints I'll probably add a few more over the next month.

If anyone else has any other requests let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Gavin

nebgranny

Postby nebgranny » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Hello Gavin:
When reading the forum I found your post and have tried the tutorial and by golly I GOT IT... and have used it within a current slide show I am working on. Thank you for the post and tutorial!! It was so nice to have a tutorial that you can stop and play, and you made it very clear what to do. I second everything Chrissy said in her post to you . Thanks Neb :)

Gimme

Postby Gimme » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:11 pm

Gavin, ditto to the above posts. Thanks a lot for sharing these little gems with us, it's much appreciated. Btw, i've bookmarked the website to check out later :wink:

Esteemed Member

Postby Alan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:07 pm

Gavin........many thanks for sharing with us. I'm a big fan of your stuff in Digital Photo Magazine.

Cheers
Alan
Oz
Alan

Sydney, Australia

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:29 am

Gavin --

Another 'thank you' for the tutorial. Simple, creative and effective. Also, one of those pretty obvious things after you've seen it but not obvious at all until then. Excellent!

And for anyone new to PSG, be sure to check out this tutorial. The basic idea here of a sequence of slides to create an animation/motion effect with a slide is one you can use over and over. The three slide sequence with zero time transitions is a concept one that is so simple, yet so versatile.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:02 am

Gavin has great tutorials. This one is no exception. It's nice when folks go through the trouble of explaining how things work. Something I am not very good at.

I may be mistaken but I think that there is a transition within proshow that will do this same effect.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:50 am

Ben,

Initially that's what I thought too, so I went and tried it. The "slide bottom-to-top" creates something similar but it's not a scroll where the appearance is as if the sequence of pictures were joined together and scrolling. Unless I missed something, that's as close as the built-in transitions can get to this but the effect is quite different since once image slides across the other.

The scroll is something specialized, personally, I wouldn't use it real often but its a really useful addition to the kit bag.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Barbara_K » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:40 pm

I believe Ben is referring to "Push-bottom to top" transition which does look like scrolling.

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:12 pm

I think I found it. There is one called the PUSH UP on the right hand side of the selection area in the middle. I tried this one and the effect is the same.

My brother is visiting and he let me use his computer to upload the following example using the PUSH UP transition. Slides are set at 1.5s and the transitions are all set to 3 seconds. I made a PX file, with web show and moved it to a thumbnail drive and uploaded it to Photodex using my brothers computer. Shots are random crap on my computer that I took over the past couple of years. In this example...random shots, widescreen. Music is just thrown in for effect.. Normally I would not use this type of transition this many times. 52 slides thrown together real quick. Can be viewed fullscreen

Please click on LOOP ALL because I forgot to activate the menu :oops:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7820&alb=0

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Well I'm not surprised but yep, missed that one and the effect is, indeed, the same. So now we know two ways to do that.
Dick

PhotoGavin

Postby PhotoGavin » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:21 am

Hi Everyone.

Firstly thanks for the great comment. It's nice to know the effort is worthwhile.

Well done to everyone who spotted the transition that does the samething. It just goes to show there is always an alternative option. As Dick pointed out the technique it's a technique that is very adaptable once learned. I don't mean the slides scrolling on screen, I mean keyframeing (or as close as we can get in PSG).

Keyfaming means you can animate an object move, pause it and then have it do something completly different.

I'll add a Youtube keyfaming video tutorial soon.

Gavin

Postby VidQueen » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:32 pm

SUBSCRIBED!!!!!!!

Ahem...sorry for screaming. But it was one of the best darn tutorials I've ever seen.

And I've seen a few;)

Jennifer

PhotoGavin

Postby PhotoGavin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi Jennifer

Thank you very much for the kind words. I really appreciate it when people subscribe to my Youtube channel, but I feel really honoured that another video tutorial producer has subscribed.

I've spent some time watching your videos and viewing your templates. They are mind blowing and the tutorial videos that you have on Youtube are first class. It's probably a good job I don't have PSP or I'd be spending the rest of the week playing with some of it's advanced features.

Keep up the good work.

Gavin

Next

Return to PSG - Tutorials