Video Tutorial - Keyframes in Proshow Gold

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
PhotoGavin

Video Tutorial - Keyframes in Proshow Gold

Postby PhotoGavin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:44 pm

I know keyframing has been discussed at length on the forum before, but many people (like me) learn more from watching rather then reading. So here is my basic keyframing technique.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uXkizqXaKT0

The video shows what keyframing in (in PSG) and a simple sliding and zooming effect. I then create the whole effect from scratch showing how each slide is created and what motion effects are used.

It runs for about 7mins 30secs.

I hope you find it useful

Gavin

Re: Video Tutorial - Keyframes in Proshow Gold

Postby nannybear » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi Gavin, I thought keyframing was only available in Producer. Am I missing something? Cheers Jan

Never mind.... :oops: I watched and realized.....
Last edited by nannybear on Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby Barbara_K » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Hi Gavin,

Very well done and easy to follow tutorial. I'm sure many Gold users who have never tried keyframing will now be inspired to try it. Thank you for continuing to share your tutorials.

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Love the tutorial--I've tediously built text descriptions of very similar things but it sure is easier to understand this way, tho' probably harder to actually make.

Never realized the copy-to-end trick in there! Very cool.

But, the title would be more accurate if it said, Keyframes (equivalent) in ProShow Gold.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:26 pm

Gavin, you did an excellent tutorial, and it should spark a lot of people's imaginations. You can actually create things close to true animation this way, which is something I managed when I was using Gold, though I'm not sure I'd recommend it since it requires 30 slides per each second along with 30 images to go into those 30 slides!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:14 pm

Barbara,

You're right on all counts, of course. Not something you'd routinely want to do for the purpose but the option is always there for when you absolutely, positively have to have the technique. But as long as you can live with a few limitations, most of the time you don't need to do every frame, as the tutorial shows.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:01 pm

All my early shows were made in Gold and I used this method alot. At that time I didn't know what a keyframe was. I just did it because that was the only way I could do what I wanted to do in each show. Gold had no layering capability at that time. For the longest time after I got Producer I still used this method out of habit. It was easier than keyframes. However, now that I do use keyframes it opens the door for even more possibilities for so many other things besides motion.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

stanleynguyentran

Postby stanleynguyentran » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:23 pm

Thank you so much Gavin!
It's a useful and great tutorial for a newbie! (like me!) :D

Artcie

Postby Artcie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:05 am

A member in the digital camera club I belong to did a demo using Proshow Gold. I was impressed and purchased it a couple months ago. I've not done much with it (frustrated trying to do it intuitively) but my New Year's Resolution is to become proficient. Your video was enlightening. Thank you for demonstrating a technique and making it crystal clear!

Postby ejacevich » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Ok, Where is that copy link? I can't find it anywhere. The author seems to be using a bit older version than what I am using, (PSG 4.1) but it seems so useful, that I would hope that they would just move it's location over getting rid of it all together. Am I blind?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:26 pm

In Version 4 they moved the Copy button. It is now on the side of the Motion effects window. Click on the item that looks like two baseball plates just under the PLUS (cross) button.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby ejacevich » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Thank you!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:54 am

You are welcome.

-Vernon

Return to PSG - Tutorials