Davrodigital's Lightbox tutorial

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Davrodigital's Lightbox tutorial

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:49 am

My sense of it is that ProShow's Lightbox is probably underutilized, and so when Davrodigital produced this newest tutorial, I thought many of you might appreciate it.

Barbara

The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Davrodigital's Lightbox tutorial

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:02 am

Very nice - thanks Barbara - I am one of the ones that was aware of "Lightbox" but never really used it. He has some good examples - I think I will start using it more in the future.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:14 am

Since I've been no more than vaguely aware of Lightbox just like you, I figured there were bound to be more fluffy-headed people at hand. :D

Barbara

Postby im42n8 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:22 am

Like Mikey, I was aware of the Lightbox too ... but just never found it of much use to me. However, it has more functionality that I was aware of ... the last time I looked at it was back in the v3.2 days tho. It looks like it may have some utility in certain circumstances ... and I may consider it more than I have. Particularly when I'm initially setting up a show. Some of what it does looks like a potential labor saver, if not a tool to help reduce some frustrations when moving slide around and/or combining slide while looking at the bigger picture.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:20 pm

What popped right out at me was how much easier it would be when trying to do a major rearrangement of slides. It looks like it would reduce the amount of self-inflicted irritation.

Barbara

Postby trulytango » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:42 am

Yes, you can do a lot in Lightbox view, especially when moving things around/adding or removing slides, but I really miss the show preview availability so don't stay in there that long.
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:53 am

trulytango wrote:...but I really miss the show preview availability so don't stay in there that long.

Most definitely. I rely very heavily on the preview, using scrub to see in detail what's happening when. A boon for me would be having the physical room for a second monitor for seeing everything without terminally cluttering the screen.

Barbara

Return to PSP - Tutorials