Gluing text to an image

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Re: Gluing text to an image

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:20 am

I'm still puzzled by what happened to you. Was the layer you duplicated at less than 100% opacity?

I've had the error come up when trying to post an image, and I can't remember how I solved it. Can you give a link to it in your album?
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby ezwriter » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:04 pm

I appreciate your patience, Barbara!

I made a screen recording that I hope will tell the tale. Notice that as the second photo comes up from behind and the front photo recedes to the right, the "shadow" of the text layer (the 50% opaque portion I refer to) sweeps across the image growing in from the left. [Vimeo]https://vimeo.com/180511864[/Vimeo] It's that area that I don't know why it's there or how to get rid of it.

Thanks again,
[another] Dale

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:38 pm

Now I see what you're talking about, and I also see you're using version 8 because that text box didn't exist in former versions. Truth? I'm at a loss, and I almost want to say it's some kind of bug in the new version. I'll have to play with it to see if I can tickle a bug too.

Barbara

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:05 pm

Okay, I tried my best to get that strange translucent layer you have, but I couldn't make it happen. I'm just as lost as you are. :(

Barbara

Postby ezwriter » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:37 pm

Much appreciate the effort, Barbara. At least I'm not going any crazier than before I tried it! Yes, I'm using the latest and greatest version. I assume when you do it, you get a totally clear background to the text. If I ever figure it out, I'll let you know.

[another] Dale

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:47 pm

Yes, I get a totally clear background. Have you tried playing back the slide in the main preview rather than the one in Slide Options? The only reason I'm mentioning this is that I've turned off the ability to see the text box because it irritated me. Now I'm wondering if it somehow persists for you when viewing the slide in Options. If that's not it, try making a brand-new show with just one slide in it and run through the process again. Make sure everything is at its plain-vanilla default in the realm of text. Maybe by doing this, you'll spot the culprit. If you do, don't you dare not tell me what it is! :!:

Barbara

Postby Barbara_K » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi from another Barbara!
I took a look at your video and found the problem by replicating your slide. I noticed that you have a slide style applied - Swap Right 2. The top layer in that slide style has a shadow. When you duplicate that layer you have to remove the shadow before converting it to a text layer and all should work correctly. Hope this helps.

Barbara K.

Postby ezwriter » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:41 pm

I've often said there aren't enough Barbaras in the world. Thanks, Barbara K. I did what you said and the phantom shadow disappeared. Order has been restored to the universe.

Thanks to Barbara C. for the tutorial. I've often wanted to "glue" text to an image and didn't know how, so ended up trying to move the text independently and not very elegantly. This works nicely.

[another] Dale

Postby Barbara_K » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Glad the problem is solved Dale. I know how frustrating the simplest things can be. Barbara C's tutorial is excellent. We are lucky to have talented people share their talents.

Barbara K.

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:47 am

Hurray! Barbara K., now Dale and I can both move on to something else. You've ridden in on a white horse. :D

Barbara C.

Previous

Return to PSP - Tutorials