Digiscoping

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.
Esteemed Member

Digiscoping

Postby quetzal » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi,
What do you think about digiscoping? What are the best telescopes to do so. Zeiss is too expensive, Swaroski.... Kowa...Vortex... Thank and best regards. quetzal :D

Esteemed Member

Re: Digiscoping

Postby marjolijn1957 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:41 am

I want to start with digiscoping too. I've been to a professiolnal with lots of experience with telescopes, binoculars etc..
He advised me the A brands for this. Swarokski is very good even as Leica is.
Its depends of the results you want. It's a little bit difficult for me to explain it in English.
But perhaps you find more information on this site

http://www.swarovskioptik.com/en/digiscoping_principles

I know Swarovski introduced some new version in September this year here in Holland.
At this moment there is a possibilty to buy an occasion of the older types. They are refurbised and technical 100%.
But a lot cheaper as new ones.

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:04 am

Hi,
We've only tried the Swaroski stm 80mm with 20x to 60x telescope, a sign at 30meters was very clear. With the Vortex not Razor. the image was darker than Swaroski. We will give you later other informations. quetzal :D

Esteemed Member

Postby marjolijn1957 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:34 am

You can not compare a Vortex , not Razor, with a Swaroski. The Razor costs about he half of the price of a Swarovski. I think you can imagine the difference in quality.

Cheaper telescope often have a lot of chromatic abberation.
This is very technical and difficult to explain for me. So I search for an article in English and foud this.
http://toothwalker.org/optics/chromatic.html

The quality of the telsecoops depends of the quality of the glass wich is used, as you know perhaps. The better the quality the less chromatic abberation

Return to Photography