Animoto, Proshow Web and professional photography

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.
Valued Member

Animoto, Proshow Web and professional photography

Postby jskintauy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:31 am

Hi Folks,

I did a comparison that I thought might be of some use for those wanting to do quick slideshows to show off their photography. I think these web based programs would work well for many photographers that need to produce a quick show after a wedding or event shoot.

http://angeldogslideshows.com/2015/01/2 ... -shootout/

I hope you find it useful.

Regards,

Jim
Jim S

Re: Animoto, Proshow Web and professional photography

Postby eanghil » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:00 am

Great Job Jim,
I am struggling to build up a similar business here in Italy, where slideshows seems to be almost unknown, at least for professional use and in a sophisticated way.
At the moment I am studying the steps to take to build an effective website and a marketing strategy (I have built a website and a blog, but with no marketing strategy in ind, so I have to restructure everything)

I'll keep an eye to your blog and works for "professional development" and inspiration

Enrico
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Postby Teetime » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:01 am

I am a freelance photographer/videographer and I have done quite a few slideshows for my clients. I recently put together this article with a video of my four basic styles of slideshows: 1) Traditional slide projector, 2) Ken Burns, 3) High Energy Animation, and 4) Kid Stays in Picture. The first three can be done in Proshow Producer and the fourth requires Photoshop and a non-linear editor like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier.
Jerry Photos • Video
www.takeonesolutions.com

Postby Astra » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:11 pm

Jim, (signed as "jskintauy")
thanks for you very detailed (linked) report - very interesting & illuminating.

Jerry Norman (signed as "Teetime")
thanks for a great marketing piece & well thought example in your (linked) article - just on a dot !!!
And also for a link to your Webpage. Beautifully done - truly a feast for the hungry eyes .....

Astra / Alex

Postby Teetime » Mon May 02, 2016 8:15 am

Thanks for the nice feedback Alex. I've had a blog for a while but was barren. I finally got inspired this year and am trying to do one article a week. I'm glad you enjoyed the article on the various styles of slideshow videos. I'm trying to get the word out to my current and future clients about what styles are available.
Jerry Photos • Video
www.takeonesolutions.com

Return to Photography