Transition effect - blend over white/black

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.

Transition effect - blend over white/black

Postby troxx » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:52 am

I would like to see an easy to implement fade transition over a black or white slide, which looks very professional.
You can do it manually but this means a lot of work and a large number of slides.

Troxx

Re: Transition effect - blend over white/black

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:21 am

You don't like the transition effect of going from a black/white slide of 0s length with a crossfade transition of 2s to 5s (or so) to the next slide that has an image on it? It's an effect that requires only 2 slides and a single crossfade slide transition. And it doesn't look bad at all!

Unfortunately the fade is linear . . . if you wanted something different. But, you'd need to go to Producer if you wanted something that (it includes opacity and the ability to vary your opacity amount over time using keyframes).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby troxx » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:38 am

I sure like it! Thats why I ask for it. :D
I do not like a wild mixture of different or too fancy slide transitions so I usually use a simple blend over. Most of the other transitions are annoying after a while.
Yet the fading over white or black is simple, elegant and professional. Having that transition effect build into ProShow is a lot easier than manual work of inserting a blank slide after every image. Also it blows up your presentation. :(

Thanks
Troxx

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:32 am

Unfortunately, tooooooo many folk think that the more different transitions the better. They don't see the distraction . . . until they get better at making shows. The next thing that's happening is to see how many different styles one can use in the show. That, in itself, isn't bad. What's bad is that what is often used doesn't fit the show very well and makes it hard to watch more than once. It takes awhile for the new show creator to sit back and take a gander at the show as if they were viewing it for the first time ... and from a viewer's perspective (vs the creator's perspective).

Too often the people who're learning how to create a show go more for the wow! stuff vs the stuff that's going to keep people coming back for more. It takes awhile before common sense sinks in. Well, it's often just part of the learning curve! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSG - Feature Requests