Multiple slide insertion

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Multiple slide insertion

Postby serloren » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:13 am

From my first use of ProShow Gold about 6-7 years ago up until my current ProShow Producer version, I have wanted (could seriously USE) a function that allowed me to insert multiple slides into a show at one time. To explain a little so folks know what I mean...

1) I create a new show
2) I create the first slide, including sizing, layers, captions, timing, whatever
3) I right-click the slide and click copy
4) I click "paste slide(s)"
5) Can choose to paste the copied 1st slide into as many empty placeholders following the slide as I choose to.

Even if I was limited to inserting/pasting 1-99 slides at a crack, it would be a HUGE help when doing projects that use a constant background with only layer and caption elements being changed/adjusted over a large number of slide/placeholders.

Honestly, I have been unable to fathom a reason why this ability hasn't been figured in since the inception of ProShow.

If anyone is aware of a way that I can easily accomplish this now (a macro someone has written that'll do it, etc) - please let me know. :)

Re: Multiple slide insertion

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:35 am

Maybe your wish will eventually come true, but the fastest way is still using Ctrl+C and then repeatedly using Ctrl+V. You can use a custom background in place of the default background, but that still doesn't make anything run faster when you need to create so many copies of a slide.

One thing we've all wanted has been the ability to choose a slide style and then have the ability to apply that style to multiple slides, but even if we get that wish, you're still stuck inserting a bevy of blanks. :(

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby psychogramma » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:31 pm

If you hold Ctrl+v down it will continue to paste multiple copies. Issue being, when does one stop holding it? Want 100 get 120 - go back and select 20 and cut. Easier than hitting Ctrl+v 100 times?

Cathy

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:40 am

Cathy, you're completely correct, and it's something I didn't think about because, after a while, one's fingers know what to do while the brain goes wandering off. :D

Barbara

Postby psychogramma » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:26 am

Barbara,
I totally understand the "brain wandering". Have that issue myself often. :)
Cathy

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:38 am

The most wonderful example of the brain-wandering syndrome I ever saw was the day my son shut a screen door directly on his own face.

Barbara

Return to PSP - Feature Requests