Edit transitions

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Re: Edit transitions

Postby dick_spinachin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 am

Mona:

Thank you very much for your help. Your last post was the answer. I now have access to the root PNG files as well as the PSH file for that transition.

Esteemed Member

Postby marjolijn1957 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:29 am

I've almost the same question. I've found the transition Falling leaves. But how can I change the colors of the leaves?

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:46 am

If you have the PSH file, you can use the Hue slider to change to colors of the leaf layers.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby marjolijn1957 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:39 pm

Thanks Barbera. I takes some time to finf out How. But I've succeeded :D

I never changed or created an transitions. So my next question I guess you know, is how can I save the changed style as an transition?

I allready found the discription in the manual.

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:07 am

I assume you found these instructions:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Open the Effects (FX) window using the FX icon in the Build or Design Workspace Toolbar, and select the Transitions tab.

Click the Create button to open the Create a Transition window.

Fill out the information for your new transition

Click Ok to create the new transition.
------------------------------------------------------------------
There's not much I can add to this other than that you will want to give the revised transition a new name. Also, if you want to create a category for your new transition, this is where you'll do it.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby marjolijn1957 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:59 am

Thansk again Barbara. I now have beautiful Falling Aurtumn Leaves :D

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:29 am

Cool. 8)

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby marjolijn1957 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:34 am

More rainy, today, haha.

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:51 am

marjolijn1957 wrote:More rainy, today, haha.

Same here. :wink:

Barbara

Re: Edit transitions--how to save them as pxt?

Postby Donna77642 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Okay, guys, using your AWESOME info in this post, I think I have solved the problem I was having with my transitions showing a gray bar (popping up, then back down, disappearing and showing again when a new transition appeared). Even though this is WAY above my head, I used the info you gave me to track down the transition in the cache file on my pc. I saved a copy to my desktop. When I opened its slide, it had that same gray bar at the bottom that I am seeing in my project's transitions when I used some from a particular source. The bar is about the size of our taskbar in Windows.

I do not know what I am doing playing with a sytle.psh file or anything in cache, but I had nothing to lose, so I just tried tweaking some spots in the slide to see if the gray bar would disappear in the preview. It didn't UNTIL I went a changed a setting that said BACKGROUND SOURCE that was set to the default of the show. I changed this to SOLID COLOR black. When I did, MY GRAY BAR DISAPPEARED IN THE PREVIEW!!! Now, if I can just figure out how to save it as a newly named transition so I can use it in my shows, I will be good to go.

I believe the person who sold me the transitions will provide me with new copies if it is indeed a glitch I did not cause, but, if they don't, I will have to go back and fix quite a few transitions to get that gray bar out... so I need to know -- how do I save an edited transitions (that are opened from a style.psh file) to a newly named pxt transition file? I hope I haven't rambled too much and you understand what I am saying...

Please tell me I can do this.... because I do not see an option to name it as a pxt file. LOL, I am scared to exit from Producer and turn off my laptop because I finally have the transition with no gray bar, but the only SAVE option I see is another psh file. HELP!

Donna

UPDATE ---- Sorry! I missed the page 2 of this section, which had the very answer I needed -- how to save edited transitions. THANK YOU to everyone here, particularly the beautiful and generous lady who provided this information!

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Glad it worked for you.

There's nothing really special about a transition ... it's a slide that has a bunch of settings for each of it's layers. And those layers are identified as being associated with the incoming slide or outgoing slide (which, really, is the main difference between an ordinary slide and a slide built to work as a transition).

You mentioned that this gray bar appeared in all of your transitions ... and you fixed it by changing your default background source? Was your background source a gradient? or was it pointing to an image? I can't imagine that this was the case for your transitions because then all of the transitions would have to be changed ... and my guess is that they're all set to the default background. So, the transition you edited isn't the source of the problem (or the solution). At least that's what it sounds like ... the problem was your setting for the show's background.

So, you don't have to edit all of your transitions now ... it sounds like it was simply a background setting for your show. . . . still an odd problem that showed up tho.

Whatever, glad it finally was solved.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Donna77642 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:34 pm

I had to go back and do more investigating. It wasn't the background, it was a layer setting on the video file. When I change it to 433 from auto, it hides the gray bar but then I think the video does not fill up the screen.

Sorry for thinking it was the background (that was one of the changes I tweaked), but it was the above setting instead that makes the gray bar disappear.

Now that I have more time tonight, I am going to test my transitions from my source. About a dozen were affected, but it may not affect all. I need to take the time to check it out.

Thanks for being so generous with your input. This is WAY over my head...lol.

Donna

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:43 pm

It's a heck of a way to learn more about the program . . . it stretches you. You learn a lot in the process ... but, whoa ... what a PITA it can be! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Donna77642 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:00 pm

LOLOL...you've got THAT right!!!

Whoa! I really do NOT want to be editing transitions--I much prefer to buy them!

Donna

Postby Donna77642 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Update: after getting some marvelous info from the creator (what a saint!), we feel is my computer doing something right (not reading the transition right), probably my Intel Graphics 3000 from Toshiba. I have the latest version, but it still is causing problems.

I really was way, way too illiterate to try to figure out how to fix them myself (as I said, I'd rather BUY them, lol). I only investigated trying because I didn't want to bother anyone with what would turn out to be, no doubt, my fault (or computer's fault) in some way, and it was just too embarrassing to, but thank goodness, the creator is working with me to convert them into a format that my darn computer will read correctly ... What a angel, really, when they really would not have to since it is somehow the fault of my computer! Sometimes, I am just amazed at the graciousness/generous nature of some people... Certainly makes me want to buy lots more stuff from them in the future, that's for sure!

Anyway, just wanted you to thank you again for all your input (which was really more than my pea brain could handle, unfortunately), but all is well that ends well because I am slowly getting to replace the transitions that were giving me problems.

Thanks to everyone again. I am in awe of your talents and feeling so good about a world where everyone is so kind about helping others!

Donna

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Feature Requests