File Name

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

File Name

Postby mkrapes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:36 am

In the slide list, I would love to have the actual file name appear instead of, or in addition to, the slide number. Any takers?

Re: File Name

Postby cherub » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:29 am

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Edit > Preferences > Appearance > Slide List
Change the default "Use Standard Text #" to "Use Name of Top Layer".

But, given the fact that a slide can contain any number of layers of all sorts, and not just one image, I'm not sure what you'll gain with this.

Postby im42n8 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Given that the actual file name isn't really an option for renaming a slide automatically, you might want to consider physically renaming any slide at any time. Mona gave you an option to use a different start name for the slide ... which will be whatever name is associated with the name of the first slide (that is, names like: blank slide, the name of the image/graphic/video associated with the layer, gradient, solid...). That may not work for you (as Mona noted).

You CAN give the slide a name, any name, that you want. Right click on the slide in the slide list and chose Rename Slide. This makes more sense than giving the slide the name of the first layer.

You might like this option better. However, try the route Mona suggested and see what she and I mean ... then, see what you think of the alternative mentioned above.

Good luck

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby mkrapes » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Sorry it's taken me this long to reply. Thanks for the responses. Since most of my slides consist of a single layer, Mona's suggestion suits me perfectly. Thanks again.

Return to PSP - Feature Requests