Sorting Options in File List

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Sorting Options in File List

Postby jgsjarz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:25 am

There are a lot of sorting options in the file list but the one that I would find to be the most useful is not there. I would like to be able to sort photos by Original Date of the photo. My husband and I both take photos and when I look at our photos, I would like to see them in date order so I can choose which photos to choose from at a particular time.

Janet

Re: Sorting Options in File List

Postby mrdcambs » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:11 am

Hello Janet: this is such as obvious requirement that I asked Photodex in early 2015 if they could build it in. Their
non-committal reply was that they had passed it to their development team and would do their utmost to meet
this need. Over 2 years later and they still haven't managed it! I really don't understand why the need to look
at photos in the sequence in which they were taken is so difficult, especially in view of all the other fancy add-ons
they have built in since. I look forward to the day they manage to get their brains round this one; they managed to
sort out "Date Last Modified" as an option from the outset!

Regards - Mike - UK

Postby jgsjarz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:10 pm

It's hard to believe that we're the only two people that look at photos this way. Seems like such a logical way to do things.

Postby mrdcambs » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:13 am

Hi Janet: I sent a "reminder" to Photodex Support yesterday asking whether this requirement will ever be
on the shortlist, and have received another non-commital replay saying that this facility will be passed
onto their Development Team again for consideration. Incidentally, I checked back on requests for this
facility and see that Users were asking for it as far back as 2005! Don't hold your breath. I did ask why
"Date Modified" had been built in from the start (even though some photos might not need modification?)
instead of the more logical "Date Taken", but they did not offer any explanation.

Regards - Mike - UK

Return to PSP - Feature Requests